Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Multirepostory Checkout not working in eclipse
Multirepostory Checkout not working in eclipse [message #1424812] Tue, 16 September 2014 12:57 Go to next message
nishant chawla is currently offline nishant chawlaFriend
Hello
I am new to the eclipse . I checked-out some folders from different repository location into one root folder. For a day its working great , no problem occurs ,everything was good. On next day when I started the eclipse again it shows two of the folders in the Obstructed state. It was not accepting any changes from the repository. Neither it allowed to me to create that folder with the same name again. I had to set up the whole project again. It did happen on the very next day again. So I had to shift to the Old IDE that I was using for the development.

May be it is the problem of the my repository structure, but it is working fine with my latter editor which was intelliJIDEA. So I don't think there would be any problem. If there will you please suggest for the best project structure for the eclipse.

Second major problem that I am facing with eclipse that libraries automatically gets detached from the project as my eclipse crashes.

Third the most common is that eclipse crashes regularly. I am using a centos 6.4 Intel core-i5 processor with 8 gb ram.
I have changed -Xms parameter to 2g in ini file of the eclipse. If there is some problem in the configuration then please suggest me to improve it.

Please provide me the solutions as soon as possible.
Re: Multirepostory Checkout not working in eclipse [message #1439022 is a reply to message #1424812] Mon, 06 October 2014 20:00 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

Eclipse works on per-project basis, so we expect the working copy of the same project to be consistent which is not the case when you do a checkout from different repository locations into one root folder, In order to make such a working copy consistent you should use those folders as svn:externals in the single root project (which too should be versioned on SVN and connected to the SVN Team plug-in in Eclipse IDE).

Regarding constant crashes - unfortunately I can't recommend you anything, since I've no experience with CentOS. The only definite thing I could say - there is no hardware incompatibility with core i5 and it definitely works on a 3 GB of RAM under Ubuntu 14.04/Unity which itself "likes" RAM a lot, so the 8GB configuration should be more than enough. So, the most suspected things here should be: JVM (I prefer using the Oracle's one) and the CentOS's GUI.
Previous Topic:Create Customise Views for Merging
Next Topic:Project from SVN - Could not find or load main class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:34:41 GMT 2024