Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » debugger hangs up and windows too
debugger hangs up and windows too [message #1416888] Mon, 13 May 2013 18:53 Go to next message
Milind Gupta is currently offline Milind GuptaFriend
Hi,
I am developing a wxlua application using LDT> I have been using this setup for more than a year (0.9) LDT and it worked perfectly fine. I used to start a debug configuration then on the command line launch the debugger like this:

> wlua -e "require('debugger')();" MyApp.lua

It always worked fine. Today when I did that it went into the debug session fine. I had a break point in an event handler. As soon as the event happens in the UI, everything freezes up. Even the windows taskbar and task manager. I have to hard reset the computer to get out of it. I has been consistent and have already done this 3 times.

I don't know what changed. I then downloaded the 1.0 RC for LDT and tried using just the Debug As Lua Application command. But it has problem loading the wx module (I am not sure why). When I try the above command line approach, it freezes up again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: debugger hangs up and windows too [message #1416893 is a reply to message #1416888] Wed, 15 May 2013 17:13 Go to previous message
Kevin KIN-FOO is currently offline Kevin KIN-FOOFriend
Hi Milind,

Well, from what you are reporting, my first instinct will be to wonder about the way event are handled.
Correct me if I wrong, but you said the debugger was working until this event happened.
This leads me to thinks that maybe the event is handled in a blocking manner and debugging it stuck everything.
Can you tell me more about this event handling?

Regards
Previous Topic:A Truly Newbie Question - How to Get Started?
Next Topic:lua attach debugger not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:18:01 GMT 2024