Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Debugger broken
Debugger broken [message #1416823] Thu, 14 March 2013 21:58 Go to next message
Jason Bob is currently offline Jason BobFriend
I am using LuaDevTools to develop for the LOVE framework.
I managed to get LDT's Debugger working normally with LOVE last night after configuring my LOVE code to accept the "-e ..." flags and such passed to the launch executable. It worked then, but now it does not. I am completely unaware of what has changed since then, but it is not related to my code at all, and is something with my system.

I have created a fresh installation of Eclipse from scratch, installed LDT, and created a new workspace, but the problem persists. For example, here's the error created when attempting to debug the default project created from the Lua project wizard:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua.exe: ....osgi\bundles\440\1\.cp\script\external\debugger.lua:2505: closed
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
....osgi\bundles\440\1\.cp\script\external\debugger.lua:2505: in function 'debugger_loop'
....osgi\bundles\440\1\.cp\script\external\debugger.lua:2685: in function <....osgi\bundles\440\1\.cp\script\external\debugger.lua:2624>
C:\Prog\src\test\src\main.lua:1: in main chunk
[C]: ?

If anyone could offer any insight into what this may be, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Jason.
Re: Debugger broken [message #1416825 is a reply to message #1416823] Tue, 19 March 2013 10:53 Go to previous message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi Jason,

This error means that the debugger client side socket is closed.

Maybe the port used by dbgp (10000 by default) is already in use.

Can you also precise which kind launch configuration you use (maybe the local one) ? and which transport layer you use with the debugger ?

In fact we never tested the debugger on the Love framework, if you can explain how you manage to try it, it will be helpful to complete the following page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/User_Area/Compatible_Lua_VMs

Marc
Previous Topic:LDT/Wireshark: Breakpoints don't work
Next Topic:Lua 5.2 Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:41:38 GMT 2024