Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Document generation from a model(How to generate a document from a model)
icon7.gif  Document generation from a model [message #1415350] Tue, 02 September 2014 15:27 Go to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
Hi all,

I intend to use PAPYRUS to develop a system model. But I did not see yet the possibility to generate documentation from a model.

My questions:
- How to generate a document containing the view of all diagrams and associated data ?
- How to generate a document containing only a view of the system model (sub-system, ...) ?

Can anyone guide me on this subject ?

Thanks for your help !

Re: Document generation from a model [message #1415387 is a reply to message #1415350] Tue, 02 September 2014 17:04 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Philip,

Papyrus itself doesn't provide any specific support for Documentation generation. Users typically rely on external tools such as GenDoc2 or Birt:

However, GenDoc has not been updated to Luna yet, and last time I checked, Birt didn't provide any connector for EMF/UML models (At least not in open source; I'm not sure about the proprietary connectors).

I think GenDoc is supposed to join the Eclipse Release Train for the Mars release, so we can expect at least an initial version in the incoming months.

Previous Topic:Create slot programmatically when Classifier is set on InstanceSpecification
Next Topic:Hiding UML creations menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 23 12:09:59 GMT 2016