Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » AngularJS support for PHP
AngularJS support for PHP [message #1414980] Mon, 01 September 2014 19:41 Go to next message
Angelo ZERR is currently offline Angelo ZERRFriend
Hi PDT Team,

I contact you because you will be perhaps interested with my work about AngularJS Eclipse

Today AngularJS Eclipse supports Angular expression, attributes, elements highligting, angular completion, hover, validation inside HTML and JSP.

I have planned to support PHP (see issue 90) for next milleston 0.6.0. I think it will be easy because since 0.5.0, I use semantic highlight extension point to highlight angular expression, elements, attributes.

I think I will add a new category "AngularJS support for PHP" inside AngularJS update site when 0.6.0 will be done.

But perhaps PDT could provide too the AngularJS support category inside their update site?

Don't hesitate to contact me, if you are interested with AngularJS support for PHP.

Regard's Angelo
Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1415265 is a reply to message #1414980] Tue, 02 September 2014 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Hi Angelo,

I am aware of the AngularJS plugin and I really appreciate your work on this project. Indeed, AngularJS becomes more and more popular among PHP developers.

Including the binaries of the AngularJS plugin on the PDT update site makes sense, but it involves quite an effort from our side. We need to submit a ticket in IPzilla to the Eclipse Legal team. They will review your project in Github and eventually approve it. This takes some time (weeks). In future we would need to repeat this process for every new version released.

Have you considered continuing your work as a project under the Eclipse Foundation? If the AngularJS plugin is an Eclipse project and joins the Simultaneous Release then it will be very easy to not only add it to our update site, but also include in the Eclipse for PHP Developers package.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1415340 is a reply to message #1415265] Tue, 02 September 2014 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kaloyan ,

Many thank's for your answer.

> I am aware of the AngularJS plugin and I really appreciate your work on this project.

Thank's!

> Indeed, AngularJS becomes more and more popular among PHP developers.

Cool:)

> Including the binaries of the AngularJS plugin on the PDT update site makes sense, but it involves quite an effort from our side. We need to submit a ticket in IPzilla to the Eclipse Legal team. They will review your project in Github and eventually approve it. This takes some time (weeks). In future we would need to repeat this process for every new version released.

Ok I understand the problem, a lot of work to do that.

I have started the AngularJS support for PHP, that you can test with 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT. See screenshots at https://github.com/angelozerr/angularjs-eclipse/wiki/New-and-Noteworthy-0.6.0

It was very easy since PDT is based on WTP and AngularJS Eclipse is based on semantic highlight to highlight angular expression and directive.

I have included in the update site feature AngularJS support for PHP (PDT). You can install it if you want to play with it. See https://github.com/angelozerr/angularjs-eclipse/wiki/Getting-Started for more information.

> Have you considered continuing your work as a project under the Eclipse Foundation? If the AngularJS plugin is an Eclipse project and joins the Simultaneous Release then it will be very easy to not only add it to our update site, but also include in the Eclipse for PHP Developers package.

AngularJS Eclipse is based on tern.java which uses the powerful JavaScripit inference engine tern.js.

So if you install AngularJS Eclipse, it install tern.jav atoo and you can benefit too with other JS framework like Google Closure, YUI, Dojo, etc. For instance if you want to benefit with jQuery completion, hyperlink, hover, validation, you can just check the jQuery module. See https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/wiki/Tern-&-jQuery-support

As tern.js is written is JavaScript, you can use it too inside Web Browser.

I would like to provide my work to Eclipse but the big problem is about tern license. If I have understood (JBoss which integrates too AngularJS Eclipse and tern.java told me that there is a problem with tern license).

Regard's Angelo
Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1415429 is a reply to message #1415340] Tue, 02 September 2014 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Angelo. I will test the snapshot next week when I am back from vacation.

What's the issue with tern.js license? As far as I can see it's under MIT license, which is a quite permissive one. Have you discussed this with the Eclipse Foundation staff? Could you give any references to you discussion with JBoss that can provide more details?

Thanks
Kaloyan
Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1415699 is a reply to message #1415429] Wed, 03 September 2014 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
I've just said that tern.js is not approved yet and IBM guys from Orion team had concerns about the IP and tech decisions in and around tern.js.

I've asked them before to provide in depth answers to that but haven't really never gotten one so I say that the thing to do is to open a CQ for the dependencies if you are interested in getting it at eclipse.

Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1415711 is a reply to message #1415699] Wed, 03 September 2014 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
> Thanks, Angelo. I will test the snapshot next week when I am back from vacation.

Cool, hope you will like it.

> What's the issue with tern.js license?

See answer of max (many thank's max for your post).
Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1420019 is a reply to message #1415711] Tue, 09 September 2014 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just installed the AngularJS plugin on top of Eclipse for PHP Developers. It seems to work in the PHP editor the same way as in the HTML editor.

However, the plugin for PHP support installed some JSP and JDT plugins, which is undesired. I opened an issue for this: https://github.com/angelozerr/angularjs-eclipse/issues/98

Regarding the contribution to Eclipse, I would suggest that you create a project proposal. This will start an official process with the Eclipse Foundation and all potential licensing issue will be discussed and clarified. I am not a lawyer, but I don't see anything blocking right now.

You can start by getting familiar with these resources on the Eclipse wiki:
[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Starting_A_New_Project
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Pre-Proposal_Phase

P.S. I also found the HTML CSS plugin and it works great too. Thanks for this work too!
Re: AngularJS support for PHP [message #1436899 is a reply to message #1420019] Fri, 03 October 2014 15:28 Go to previous message
han thang is currently offline han thangFriend
I understand the problem, a lot of work to do that
Previous Topic:Open an HTML file with no interpretation
Next Topic:Disabling Auto Indentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:05:07 GMT 2024