Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » Some issues with EASE
Some issues with EASE [message #1410726] Thu, 21 August 2014 13:21 Go to next message
p Bakker is currently offline p BakkerFriend
This is a followup on http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-scripting-dev/msg00142.html and http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-scripting-dev/msg00143.html

I had set the Script Location, but set it to a project in my workspace. Apparently that doesn't work: if I point to the same directory, but then using Add File System, it does work and the scripts show up.

I also didn't install the Modules stuff and now that I have they show up.

FYI: based on all the existing pages (https://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Scripting/... and your blog) I could find on EASE, I never ended up on the page you just provided (https://www.eclipse.org/ease/).

Also noticed that the Script entry in the context menu on the different views provider by EASE never has sub menuitems.

Also I don't get the Ran As > EASE option

Regards,

Paul
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1410843 is a reply to message #1410726] Thu, 21 August 2014 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
On 21.08.2014 16:28, p Bakker wrote:
> I had set the Script Location, but set it to a project in my workspace.
> Apparently that doesn't work: if I point to the same directory, but then
> using Add File System, it does work and the scripts show up.

Interesting. Tried it both on linux and windows just now and it works
fine using a workspace path.
Just to be sure: you've created a workspace project, added some *.js
files to it and registered your project or a folder on the preferences
page. Then you would see some entry like
workspace://<your project>/<optional path>
Afterwards I'd expect scripts to show up in the Script Explorer view.
You could hit the refresh toolbar button there, but this should not be
necessary for workspace paths.

> FYI: based on all the existing pages
> (https://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Scripting/... and your blog) I could find
> on EASE, I never ended up on the page you just provided
> (https://www.eclipse.org/ease/).

We've set up the webpage a few days ago. No time yet to promote it much.
The e4/scripting pages will be integrated/moved/deleted/whatever. There
was simply no time to do that yet.

> Also noticed that the Script entry in the context menu on the different
> views provider by EASE never has sub menuitems.

Also correct. Scripts would need some special keywords in their headers
to appear in menus. This is a part that is currently reworked as it had
dependencies to e4. Our target is to make this work for 3.x too. But I'm
not yet sure if this is feasible for context menus.

> Also I don't get the Ran As > EASE option

Please update ease. We had a bug in there which was fixed 2 days ago.
You might also experience error popups when hovering over the run button
in the main toolbar.

Afterwards you should see Run As/EASE Script on *.js files and
eventually on *.py files if you also installed the python interpreter.

regards
Christian
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1410853 is a reply to message #1410843] Thu, 21 August 2014 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,

I've tried to upgrade, but there's no new version provided by the update site (current installed version: 0.1.1.v20140619-0751)

Quote:
Just to be sure: you've created a workspace project, added some *.js
files to it and registered your project or a folder on the preferences
page. Then you would see some entry like
workspace://<your project>/<optional path>
Afterwards I'd expect scripts to show up in the Script Explorer view.
You could hit the refresh toolbar button there, but this should not be
necessary for workspace paths.

Yup, that is what I did and it doesn't show the scripts. Hitting the refresh button (or restarting Eclipse doesn't do it either). As soon as I add the same directory through the "add file system" option the scripts start showing. I get no errors in the log either. What I did notice was that if I add the directory through the Add file System option, the scripts appear in the Script Explorer, as soon as I hit the Apply button on the preference page. If I then delete the file system entry again and hit apply, the script entries don't disappear. Also when I close the Preference page and hit the refresh button in the SCript Explorer, they don't disappear. Only when I restart Eclipse they disappear.

Wish I could provide better debug info, but cannot think of anything else to check or test

P.
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1412322 is a reply to message #1410853] Mon, 25 August 2014 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p Bakker wrote on Thu, 21 August 2014 16:02
Hi Christian,

I've tried to upgrade, but there's no new version provided by the update site (current installed version: 0.1.1.v20140619-0751)

This is definitely an old version. It is very likely installed from the old e4 repository. I suggest to uninstall all ease components you have currently installed and re-install using p2 locations from http://www.elcipse.org/ease/download.

You should see a version string of 0.1.0.v201408...

HTH
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1412835 is a reply to message #1412322] Wed, 27 August 2014 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You were right. Reinstalled it now and now I get the proper version:
EASE Core feature 0.1.0.201408252027 org.eclipse.ease.feature.feature.group null

However, this hasn't solved the issue with scripts not being loaded/shown when adding a workspace script location (it does still work if I add the location through the File System option)

Paul
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1413739 is a reply to message #1412835] Fri, 29 August 2014 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reworked the codebase for resolving locations (neede for the registered locations) just yesterday. Would you mind giving it a try using the nichtly update site? In case it is still not working:

What OS are you using?
How does the location entry look like in preferences/scripting/Script Locations?
Any special characters used for files stored under that location?
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1414145 is a reply to message #1413739] Sat, 30 August 2014 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've updated, but this hasn't resolved the issue unfortunatly.

This is the content of the scripts.repository file on disk:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<repository:Storage xmlns:repository="repository">
<entries location="workspace://resources/components" recursive="true" default="true"/>
<entries location="workspace://Demo/forms" recursive="true"/>
</repository:Storage>

I'm on Windows 8, running Eclipse 4.3.2 and no special characters in use

As soon as I add the exact same folder but then through the File System option, the .js files in that folder show up in the Script Explorer as soon as I hit the Apply button. This is what the scripts.repository file looks like then:
<entries location="workspace://resources/components/Bootstrap/Button" recursive="true" default="true"/>
<entries location="file:/C:/workspaces/Demos/Training/resources/components/Bootstrap/Button/" recursive="true">
<scripts location="file:/C:/workspaces/Demos/Training/resources/components/Bootstrap/Button/button.js" timestamp="1408536704611"/>
<scripts location="file:/C:/workspaces/Demos/Training/resources/components/Bootstrap/Button/buttonserver.js" timestamp="1408560487375"/>
</entries>

[Updated on: Sat, 30 August 2014 12:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1415594 is a reply to message #1414145] Wed, 03 September 2014 06:26 Go to previous message
I have to admit, I'm lost here. Your configuration files look fine. I also tried to recreate your file structure on my system but could not reproduce the error.

I have one indication which I need to investigate, though: if you add a file system path, I would expect a file URI instead of a workspace URI in your configuration.

Could you open a bug against technology/ease? If possible attach your workspace (export projects into an Archive) to it.
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1689995 is a reply to message #1410843] Thu, 21 August 2014 20:02 Go to previous message
Hi Christian,

Quote:
> Just to be sure: you've created a workspace project, added some *.js
> files to it and registered your project or a folder on the preferences
> page. Then you would see some entry like
> workspace://<your project>/<optional path>
> Afterwards I'd expect scripts to show up in the Script Explorer view.
> You could hit the refresh toolbar button there, but this should not be
> necessary for workspace paths.

Yup, that is what I did and it doesn't show the scripts. Hitting the refresh button (or restarting Eclipse doesn't do it either). As soon as I add the same directory through the "add file system" option the scripts start showing. I get no errors in the log either. What I did notice was that if I add the directory through the Add file System option, the scripts appear in the Script Explorer, as soon as I hit the Apply button on the preference page. If I then delete the file system entry again and hit apply, the script entries don't disappear. Also when I close the Preference page and hit the refresh button in the SCript Explorer, they don't disappear. Only when I restart Eclipse they disappear.

Wish I could provide better debug info, but cannot think of anything else to check or test

P.
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1689996 is a reply to message #1410853] Mon, 25 August 2014 21:55 Go to previous message
p Bakker wrote on Thu, 21 August 2014 16:02
> Hi Christian,
>
> I've tried to upgrade, but there's no new version provided by the update site (current installed version: 0.1.1.v20140619-0751)

This is definitely an old version. It is very likely installed from the old e4 repository. I suggest to uninstall all ease components you have currently installed and re-install using p2 locations from http://www.elcipse.org/ease/download.

You should see a version string of 0.1.0.v201408...

HTH
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1689997 is a reply to message #1412322] Wed, 27 August 2014 07:28 Go to previous message
You were right. Reinstalled it now and now I get the proper version:
EASE Core feature 0.1.0.201408252027 org.eclipse.ease.feature.feature.group null

However, this hasn't solved the issue with scripts not being loaded/shown when adding a workspace script location (it does still work if I add the location through the File System option)

Paul
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1689998 is a reply to message #1689997] Fri, 29 August 2014 09:58 Go to previous message
I reworked the codebase for resolving locations (neede for the registered locations) just yesterday. Would you mind giving it a try using the nichtly update site? In case it is still not working:

What OS are you using?
How does the location entry look like in preferences/scripting/Script Locations?
Any special characters used for files stored under that location?
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1689999 is a reply to message #1413739] Sat, 30 August 2014 12:06 Go to previous message
I've updated, but this hasn't resolved the issue unfortunatly.

This is the content of the scripts.repository file on disk:
<entries location="workspace://resources/components" recursive="true" default="true"/>
<entries location="workspace://Demo/forms" recursive="true"/>

I'm on Windows 8, running Eclipse 4.3.2 and no special characters in use

As soon as I add the exact same folder but then through the File System option, the .js files in that folder show up in the SCript Explorer as soon as I hit the Apply button. This is what the scripts.repository file looks like then:
<entries location="workspace://resources/components/Bootstrap/Button" recursive="true" default="true"/>
<entries location="file:/C:/workspaces/Demos/Servoy%208%20Private%20Beta%20Training/resources/components/Bootstrap/Button/" recursive="true">
<scripts location="file:/C:/workspaces/Demos/Servoy%208%20Private%20Beta%20Training/resources/components/Bootstrap/Button/button.js" timestamp="1408536704611"/>
<scripts location="file:/C:/workspaces/Demos/Servoy%208%20Private%20Beta%20Training/resources/components/Bootstrap/Button/buttonserver.js" timestamp="1408560487375"/>
</entries>
Re: Some issues with EASE [message #1690000 is a reply to message #1414145] Wed, 03 September 2014 06:26 Go to previous message
I have to admit, I'm lost here. Your configuration files look fine. I also tried to recreate your file structure on my system but could not reproduce the error.

I have one indication which I need to investigate, though: if you add a file system path, I would expect a file URI instead of a workspace URI in your configuration.

Could you open a bug against technology/ease? If possible attach your workspace (export projects into an Archive) to it.
Previous Topic:Some issues with EASE
Next Topic:Installation on Eclipse Luna
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:55:53 GMT 2024