|Build/Release Engineer wanted! [message #1409637]
||Mon, 18 August 2014 15:32
|| Denis Roy
Registered: October 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eclipse Release Engineer|
About the Job
The Eclipse Foundation is looking for a Release Engineer for a full-time opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the release engineering activities for our Common Build Infrastructure, our open source projects and our long-term support initiative, which involves maintaining and advancing a release engineering environment for all participants.
- Maintain and advance a cohesive and (consistent) release engineering environment using both open source and commercial tools.
- Leads Eclipse project teams in identifying, documenting, and implementing release engineering best practices.
- Leads Eclipse project teams in the training, use and support of the Build and Release system.
- Provides configuration management input and guidance.
- Manages and monitors the continuous integration system, build systems and Maven repositories.
- University degree or technical diploma in an IT-related discipline.
Specific Tools and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and releasing Java-based software.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Java-centric build tools (Maven, Ant).
- Expert knowledge and experience with continuous integration tools (Hudson) and plug-ins.
- Experience with source code management tools such as Subversion and Git.
- Experience with Linux in an administrative capacity.
- Experience building Windows-based software in a headless environment using Visual Studio.
- Proven ability to design and implement a release engineering environment.
- Proficiency using Eclipse-based IDEs.
- Familiarity with Java development practices, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Familiarity with testing/automated testing tools (e.g. JUnit).
- Familiarity with Gerrit, Tycho, PHP, and OSGi are considered assets.
- Familiarity with Mac OS and building software on the Mac platform are assets.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise, and understandable technical documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
The Eclipse Foundation's main office is in Canada (Ottawa), and has staff in the USA, Germany and France. Our main target is a candidate located in any of those regions. Please send your English language CV to jobs (A) eclipse.org.
Eclipse Webmaster -- firstname.lastname@example.org
[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2014 15:26]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01952 seconds