Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Running PHP projects in Eclipse Luna
Running PHP projects in Eclipse Luna [message #1404669] Mon, 04 August 2014 21:10 Go to next message
Martin O\'Shea is currently offline Martin O\'SheaFriend
I am an Eclipse and PHP newbie and am trying to run simple PHP projects in Eclipse.

I am able to run scripts at the command line but would instead prefer to embed the PHP into web pages and run them on IIS 7.5 so that they execute in the browser. I have set this up in NetBeans and can easily switch between the two options therein.

However, if I try running a PHP project in Eclipse where index.php consists of the following:

<html>
 <head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>
 <body>
 <?php echo '<p>Goodbye Cruel World!</p>'; ?> 
 </body>
</html>

I am given a 404 page not found error which is being generated by IIS 7.5.

My project's Run #configuration is illustrated below:

index.php/fa/18765/0/

I am running PHP 5.3 on Windows 7 32 bit.

Can anyone advise?

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 57.69KB, Downloaded 2334 times)
Re: Running PHP projects in Eclipse Luna [message #1407339 is a reply to message #1404669] Tue, 12 August 2014 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin O\'Shea is currently offline Martin O\'SheaFriend
This is now resolved.
Re: Running PHP projects in Eclipse Luna [message #1613876 is a reply to message #1407339] Thu, 12 February 2015 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Lippiatt is currently offline Kevin LippiattFriend
How did you resolve this? I have the same issue.
Re: Running PHP projects in Eclipse Luna [message #1695202 is a reply to message #1404669] Tue, 12 May 2015 15:27 Go to previous message
Semi Mase is currently offline Semi MaseFriend
Martin O\'Shea wrote on Mon, 04 August 2014 21:10
I am an Eclipse and PHP newbie and am trying to run simple PHP projects in Eclipse.

I am able to run scripts at the command line but would instead prefer to embed the PHP into web pages and run them on IIS 7.5 so that they execute in the browser. I have set this up in NetBeans and can easily switch between the two options therein.

However, if I try running a PHP project in Eclipse where index.php consists of the following:

<html>
 <head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>
 <body>
 <?php echo '<p>Goodbye Cruel World!</p>'; ?> 
 </body>
</html>

I am given a 404 page not found error which is being generated by IIS 7.5.

My project's Run #configuration is illustrated below:

index.php/fa/18765/0/

I am running PHP 5.3 on Windows 7 32 bit.

Can anyone advise?

You are most likely doing something. Check to see if the page that you have your PHP code on is included in the Eclipse project. That is why you are getting a 404 page because it is not found. Eclipse is the BEST IDE I have used so far. I used it to quickly develop this big classifieds site project in such a little amount of time. You need to learn how to use its features, cut-shorts. It helps you even trace where your functions in your code were defined and such. I hope this helps.
Previous Topic:PDT installed but not working
Next Topic:PHP run configuration and STDIN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:57:28 GMT 2024