Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Error while openning Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse(I think it's a known bug in Eclipse but I'm not sure...)
Error while openning Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse [message #1404425] Fri, 01 August 2014 09:50 Go to next message
Vincent Van Gogh is currently offline Vincent Van GoghFriend
Hi.
I'm trying to open a Dynamic web project in Eclipse, but I get this weird error...
I have Tomcat Apache installed, and these are the steps I'm taking and the error message:
File->New->Project...->Dynamic Web Project
and then I name my project "MyServlet" and click "Finish", and it seems that indeed the project appears in the Project Explorer window, but when I click the arrow to expand it so it'll show the files and folders in the project, an error message pops up. I can't upload the picture because I don't have the premmisions to do it, but the error says:

'Loading descriptor for MyServlet.' has
encountered a problem.

An internal error occured during: "Loading
descriptor for MyServlet.".

When I click the "Details" button, it says there:
An internal error occurred during: "Loading descriptor for
MyServlet.".
java.lang.NullPointerException

Why do I get this error?
Does anyone familiar with this problem?
Re: Error while openning Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse [message #1404597 is a reply to message #1404425] Mon, 04 August 2014 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cecylia Majewska is currently offline Cecylia MajewskaFriend
I've got a similar problem. try to find this problem on stackoverflow forum i found there it but can't find now. stackoverflow.com/questions/4952347/why-isnt-eclipse-deploying-my-dynamic-web-project-correctly
Re: Error while openning Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse [message #1404617 is a reply to message #1404597] Mon, 04 August 2014 13:46 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Web Tools forum group.
Previous Topic:Eternal publishing in Tomcat
Next Topic:Setting break points in an html file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:51:08 GMT 2024