Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse copyright wizard for JavaScript, PHP and HTML(I'm searching a copyright wizard since the plugin is down.)
Eclipse copyright wizard for JavaScript, PHP and HTML [message #1403834] Mon, 28 July 2014 08:17 Go to next message
Julian Dude is currently offline Julian DudeFriend
I refer to some Stackoverflow topics with the same question, e.g.:
SO/questions/4105664/adding-a-standard-comment-header-to-all-source-files-in-eclipse
The accepted answers contained links to a broken plugin

Is there a currently available site to get a copyright wizard? I am developing for multiple companies, so the native solution from eclipse ("How to Use Eclipse Copyright Tool") is not good enough for me.

I have the same workspace for each company so it is also no solution for me to have multiple workspaces with multiple copyrights.

I know the code of the best plugin is still online:
search for 'eclipse copyright generator sourceforge' (I'm not able to post the link while I have fewer than 5 messages)
but I'm not a eclipse-plugin-hero and don't know how to convert it to a valid plugin. A plugin-import without compiling works until you go into the preferences.

Please help me and others with the same problem!
Re: Eclipse copyright wizard for JavaScript, PHP and HTML [message #1403889 is a reply to message #1403834] Mon, 28 July 2014 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
>but I'm not a eclipse-plugin-hero and don't know how to convert it to a valid plugin. A plugin-import without compiling works until you go into the preferences.
I'm not understanding "A plugin-import without compiling works until you go into the preferences", but you need to import projects and to export plugin(feature), that's all.

From the beginning to the end, for example,
1. Install Eclipse SDK(Eclipse Standard package)
2. Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsecopyrigh/ -> Browse Code -> Download Snapshot (eclipsecopyrigh-code-51-trunk.zip should be downloaded)
3. Start Eclipse SDK
4. File -> Import -> General -> "Existing Projects into Workspace" -> "Select archive file" -> Browse -> select downloaded eclipsecopyrigh-code-51-trunk.zip -> Finish
(now you have 2 projects in your workspace, com.wdev91.eclipse.copyright and com.wdev91.eclipse.copyright.feature)
5. File -> Export -> Plug-in Development -> Deployable features -> Next -> check "com.wdev91.eclipse.copyright.feature (1.4.0)" -> Archive File -> input file name -> Finish
6. Help -> Install New Software -> Add -> Archive -> select exported file -> OK -> uncheck "Group items by category" -> check "Copyright Wizard" -> go on installation process as usual
7. After restarting Eclipse, you'll get Window->Preferences->General->Copyright, also "Apply copyright..." menu in the context menu.
(confirmed on
Eclipse SDK
Version: Luna (4.4)
Build id: I20140606-1215)
Re: Eclipse copyright wizard for JavaScript, PHP and HTML [message #1403897 is a reply to message #1403889] Mon, 28 July 2014 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julian Dude is currently offline Julian DudeFriend
THANK YOU!!! I searched so long for this solution. This should be the accepted answer on all the Stackoverflow questions. Made my day! Cool
Re: Eclipse copyright wizard for JavaScript, PHP and HTML [message #1653700 is a reply to message #1403834] Fri, 06 March 2015 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Timo Klerx is currently offline Timo KlerxFriend
If you are too lazy to compile the plugin yourself, I attached it to this post.

Then you just have to follow step 6 and 7.
Re: Eclipse copyright wizard for JavaScript, PHP and HTML [message #1758748 is a reply to message #1403834] Sat, 01 April 2017 16:43 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Matthew Krupcale did some improvement to the plugin in this git repository, and we decided to publish a 1.5.0 version on a p2 repository:

https://dl.bintray.com/jmini/Eclipse-Copyright-Generator/

You will find detailed installation detail on the new project homepage.
Previous Topic:Configure Eclipse PDT Neon.3 & XDebug & XAMPP on Win10
Next Topic:Configure Eclipse PDT Neon.3 & XDebug & XAMPP on Win10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:06:14 GMT 2024