Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central
BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1400515] Mon, 14 July 2014 10:02 Go to next message
Michael Oberwasserlechner is currently offline Michael OberwasserlechnerFriend
Hi,

does anybody know, when BIRT 4.4. Runtime (org.eclipse.birt.runtime) is availiable on Maven Central?

BR,
Michael
Re: BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1402480 is a reply to message #1400515] Thu, 17 July 2014 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I talked to Engineering about the latest version being available on Maven Central just a couple weeks ago. I was told it's on their todo list, so hopefully soon. You could always file an enhancement request in the bugzilla for this to happen.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1405575 is a reply to message #1402480] Thu, 07 August 2014 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

FYI - BIRT 4.4 is now available on Maven Central.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1427122 is a reply to message #1405575] Fri, 19 September 2014 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Byron Palmer is currently offline Byron PalmerFriend
The 4.4 runtime does not work from maven central for xslx generation. It turns out that the download of runtime from eclipse has a different runtime jar file, some 9MB more than what is put into the maven central. Whatever the difference is it prevents xslx generation.
Re: BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1427312 is a reply to message #1427122] Sat, 20 September 2014 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Gamble is currently offline Ben GambleFriend
O hai!

The differences between the runtime on the eclipse download site and the one published to central are discussed in this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398774

[tl; dr: having the apache poi jars embedded in the runtime jar trips up people whose environment needs different versions of poi]

Having two different sources for different runtimes is clearly silly, so I think the intended long-term solution is to have the runtime bundle specify dependencies on the relevant non-BIRT components rather than just piling them in itself. But for now it sounds like you want the version from download.e.o.
Re: BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1427388 is a reply to message #1427312] Sat, 20 September 2014 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not adverse and agree that the poi should be removed from the birt runtime. However with the version from central I run into the issue that it will not create an xlsx file. All other files work. When I switch and use the library from the download version it does work. I know that I should look through and figure out what is missing or where the mismatch is, but thought that it should be fixed overall. I like the idea of having central manage this as it makes it easier to work across different developers. But it doesn't work out of the box so to speak. Maybe I will take time and figure out where it went wrong and why but maybe somebody who knows more will figure it out for me! Wink

Thanks
Re: BIRT 4.4 Runtime on Maven Central [message #1429726 is a reply to message #1427122] Tue, 23 September 2014 16:59 Go to previous message
Ok, figured out what was wrong and it now works. That's what I get for trying to be too clever.
Previous Topic:How to disable BIRT sorting on stacked distribution charts
Next Topic:Grouped values in comma separated string
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:37:36 GMT 2024