Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Commit Deleted/Missing file bug??
icon5.gif  Commit Deleted/Missing file bug?? [message #1386435] Tue, 17 June 2014 13:57 Go to next message
Chris Groves is currently offline Chris GrovesFriend
Hope this hasn't been asked before, I had a quick search but couldn't find an answer:

If I delete a versioned file from Windows Explorer and then refresh my Synchronize view the file appears with the little minus symbol. I can then right click and commit (because I no longer want this file in version control). However nothing happens. Interestingly the files status appears as 'Missing'. also when I go to 'commit' this change the file is, by default, unticked.

However if I delete the file from the eclipse 'Project Explorer' (instead of via windows), the file again appears with the minus symbol. But this time when I 'Commit' it, the file is automatically ticked and the file status is 'Deleted', and the file deletion is correctly commited to SVN.

Is this a bug in SVN/Eclipse?

Or is there something I am doing wrong?

I am using:
Eclipse Kepler
SVNKit 1.8.3 Implementation
index.php/fa/18308/0/

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Commit Deleted/Missing file bug?? [message #1402998 is a reply to message #1386435] Sat, 19 July 2014 15:51 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello!

It is not a bug. There is an option that controls the described behaviour:
Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->Don't check the missing resources in the commit dialog.
Previous Topic:Checking out Large Reposotories
Next Topic:Undo a ExtractMethodRefactoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:09:22 GMT 2024