Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Help icon in JFace Wizard(Detecting action on the Help icon present in the JFace wizard)
Help icon in JFace Wizard [message #1385618] Tue, 10 June 2014 05:16 Go to next message
Aravindhan Annamalai is currently offline Aravindhan AnnamalaiFriend
I have a wizard which contains two radio buttons (say "A" & "B") and the "help" icon in the bottom.

By default selection is on "B" and when user clicks "help" icon the content related to "B" is displayed on the right hand side of the wizard. When the selection changes to "A", I need to change the help contents to display "A" contents.

I tried using displayHelp() which brings out the help contents on the selection of radio button even before clicking on the "help" icon.

TrayDialog has only 2 methods. (setHelpAvailable/isHelpAvailable) which isn't use for me here.

Is there anyway to get a handle on the help icon (or) to identify that the help content window is already opened in the wizard?
Re: Help icon in JFace Wizard [message #1396674 is a reply to message #1385618] Tue, 08 July 2014 16:26 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
You can get the workbench help system and check if context-sensitive help is being displayed. If so, then probably the easiest thing is to post an SWT.Help event against your radio button.

IWorkbench workbench = ...;
if(workbench.getHelpSystem().isContextHelpDisplayed()) {
radioButton.notifyListeners(SWT.Help, new Event());
}

Brian.
Previous Topic:Template Proposal does not fully work
Next Topic:How to remember jFace treeviewer's expand state?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:10:33 GMT 2024