Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » What are the latest databinding versions?
What are the latest databinding versions? [message #1295735] Mon, 14 April 2014 14:45 Go to next message
Eric Ford is currently offline Eric FordFriend
I've been looking into the GeoscienceAustralia/earthsci project but unable to get it up and running because it references some plugin versions that are newer than anything I've found in the Eclipse download sections. Notably, core.databinding.observable 1.5.0 and jface.databinding 1.7.0. Apparently, these plugin versions include some updated definitions - for example, letting IObservableList (and others) support generics, that are needed within the project. Any help locating these versions would be appreciated.
Re: What are the latest databinding versions? [message #1299128 is a reply to message #1295735] Wed, 16 April 2014 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
The git repo's master branch has 1.4.1.qualifier as version for core.databinding.observable and 1.6.200.qualifier for jface.databinding.

I remember there have been some efforts to make the jface APIs aware of generics.
Maybe, that project is using some non-officially released builds?

Eric Ford wrote on Mon, 14 April 2014 16:45
I've been looking into the GeoscienceAustralia/earthsci project but unable to get it up and running because it references some plugin versions that are newer than anything I've found in the Eclipse download sections. Notably, core.databinding.observable 1.5.0 and jface.databinding 1.7.0. Apparently, these plugin versions include some updated definitions - for example, letting IObservableList (and others) support generics, that are needed within the project. Any help locating these versions would be appreciated.

Re: What are the latest databinding versions? [message #1299189 is a reply to message #1299128] Wed, 16 April 2014 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Ford is currently offline Eric FordFriend
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Maybe, that project is using some non-officially released builds?

That was pretty much my assumption until I came across a reference here that seemed to indicate the newer versions had at some point been included in one of the more recent milestone versions. After downloading that version I realized that was not the case. That's what led me to asking the question.
Re: What are the latest databinding versions? [message #1323678 is a reply to message #1295735] Wed, 30 April 2014 11:31 Go to previous message
Nigel Westbury is currently offline Nigel WestburyFriend
These versions of the databinding plugins are part of Eclipse e4 but are
not yet used by the platform code. They are available at:

p2 update site: http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/

source: git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/e4/org.eclipse.e4.databinding

On 14/04/2014 15:48, Eric Ford wrote:
> I've been looking into the GeoscienceAustralia/earthsci project but
> unable to get it up and running because it references some plugin
> versions that are newer than anything I've found in the Eclipse download
> sections. Notably, core.databinding.observable 1.5.0 and
> jface.databinding 1.7.0. Apparently, these plugin versions include some
> updated definitions - for example, letting IObservableList (and others)
> support generics, that are needed within the project. Any help locating
> these versions would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:[Databinding] multi-layered binding with master detail scenario
Next Topic:how to hide the dotted lines between tree nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:42:25 GMT 2024