Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Change mouse pointer when attempting to drop into a read-only folder(Attempt to drop into read-only folder is silently ignored. Change mouse pointer or display a message.)
Change mouse pointer when attempting to drop into a read-only folder [message #1231732] Wed, 15 January 2014 09:09
Manfred Stadel is currently offline Manfred StadelFriend
Hi everybody,

I'm using Eclipse Kepler Service Release 1 on Windows, RSE release 2.1.500, and FTP Only connection to a Linux system.

In the Remote Sytems view, when I attempt to drag&drop a remote file into a read-only folder on the same Linux system the drop operation is silently ignored. Also the drag mouse pointer does not change when hovering over the read-only folder (as is the case when hovering over areas or views into which dropping is not possible).

It would be nice if the drag mouse pointer changed when hovering over read-only folders. Alternatively a message box could be opened, asking the user whether she/he wishes to make the folder writable (as is done when attempting to edit a read-only file). What do you think?

Similar issues have been posted to Bugzilla, but none concerning the change of the drag mouse pointer:
id=168215 concerning drag&drop into a read-only file
id=228743 concerning copy&paste behavior on Windows

If I attempt copy&paste instead of drag&drop the context menu item Paste is disabled for read-only folders (this was one of the fixes done so far). However, the shortcut <ctrl> v is still ignored silently.
Previous Topic:Editor not in dirty state after remote save failed
Next Topic:SSH Public Key Access Connection Failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:56:14 GMT 2024