Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Newbie With No Java Virtual Machine Issues(I am learning Java on the fly so I have extremely limited troubleshooting skills)
Newbie With No Java Virtual Machine Issues [message #1067166] Sun, 07 July 2013 02:37 Go to next message
Adam Hensleigh is currently offline Adam HensleighFriend
It has been maybe a month or two since I last opened Eclipse but it worked the last time I opened Eclipse. I am not sure what happened since then but now I cannot open Eclipse without this message "No Java Virtual Machine was found after searching the following location:" I tried re-downloading both the JRE and JDK but that did not work. I then found a post on Stack Overflow suggesting I point Eclipse to the JRE and JDK in the eclipse.ini file. I tried searching my Eclipse file folder but I could not locate the file. If someone feels so inclined to hold my hand to help me troubleshoot, I would be most appreciative! Also, where does Eclipse save your project files and if I cannot open Eclipse how can I find what version I have? Thank you.
Re: Newbie With No Java Virtual Machine Issues [message #1080845 is a reply to message #1067166] Tue, 06 August 2013 12:52 Go to previous message
Tanmay Wani is currently offline Tanmay WaniFriend
Just check the PATH variable has the path to your JDK or JRE in it's list. If not, append your JRE's path to the values in the PATH variable.
And then, try restarting eclipse. You can find the PATH variable by right clicking your MyComputer or Computer--> Properties--> Advanced System settings--> Advanced tab--> Environment variables.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanmay Wani
Previous Topic:Creating plugin project programatically
Next Topic:Own Eclipse Debugger, select active Thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:22:11 GMT 2024