Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "The selection cannot be launched..."(New to CDT eclipse.)
"The selection cannot be launched..." [message #1059445] Sat, 18 May 2013 16:23 Go to next message
Tze Weng Foong is currently offline Tze Weng FoongFriend
Hello all,
I was wanting to try out C++ programming with eclipse on windows. so installed MinGW. and then from eclipse Juno I installed the CDT.

I then created a hello world project and built it, however when I tried to run it I get a message ..

"The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches."

I found the helloworld.exe and in the project directory and I can execute it from the command prompt. "!!!Hello World!!!" . that probably means the the MinGW was installed properly and the "build" process worked from within eclipse.

Dug around a bit more and when I click on the down arrow triangle beside the debug or run icon and get to the "debug as" or "run as" item it shows "(none applicable)". Googled and searched but can't seem to find a solution.. so i am asking here..

I am not sure if it helps but I have been using Perl in eclipse (EPIC) and Small helloworld programs in java as well.

Hope some one can help.. thanks in advance.

Re: "The selection cannot be launched..." [message #1265580 is a reply to message #1059445] Thu, 06 March 2014 09:23 Go to previous message
Saam Aryan is currently offline Saam AryanFriend
I Windows 8 and run Eclipse C++ Kepler (Toolchain = MinGW). This is what I did for the same message that you got and it worked for me:
In editor's screen, right-click>Run As>Local C/C++ Application
Previous Topic:Indexer cannot find symbols in local header files
Next Topic:Code analysis and includes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:36:44 GMT 2024