Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Galileo - No action found for: addRepository.
Galileo - No action found for: addRepository. [message #134428] Mon, 06 July 2009 09:31 Go to next message
Laurent Marchal is currently offline Laurent MarchalFriend
Messages: 91
Registered: July 2009
Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070904060108040202010108
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,

I am trying to add automatic updates to my RCP app. But when I try to
customize the update repositories with the p2.inf file I get :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: addRepository.
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.MissingAc tion.execute(MissingAction.java:38)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mai nPerform(Phase.java:129)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:72)


I can sucessfully build the "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.cloud"
example wich also use the "addRepository" instructions.

the p2.inf file is placed near to my .product file.
eclipse.buildId=I20090611-1540 (Galileo)

What is wrong with my setup ?


--------------070904060108040202010108
Content-Type: text/plain;
name="p2.inf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
filename="p2.inf"

instructions.configure=\
(type:0,location:http${#58}//www.eclipse.org/equinox/p2/test ing/updateSite);\
addRepository(type:1,location:http${#58}//www.eclipse.org/eq uinox/p2/testing/updateSite);

--------------070904060108040202010108--
Re: Galileo - No action found for: addRepository. [message #134442 is a reply to message #134428] Mon, 06 July 2009 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Kaegi is currently offline Simon KaegiFriend
Messages: 381
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Laurent,

Try "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository". I think the
product needs to use a fully qualified action for this particular action
since the IU is not a bundle or feature. I'm aware that mud is roughly more
clear on this.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Engine/Touchpoint_Instruc tions#Fully_Qualified_Action_Names_and_Importing_Actions

-Simon

"Laurent Marchal" <lmarchal@smaeur.com> wrote in message
news:h2sg8m$le4$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to add automatic updates to my RCP app. But when I try to
> customize the update repositories with the p2.inf file I get :
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: addRepository.
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.MissingAc tion.execute(MissingAction.java:38)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mai nPerform(Phase.java:129)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:72)
>
>
> I can sucessfully build the "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.cloud"
> example wich also use the "addRepository" instructions.
>
> the p2.inf file is placed near to my .product file.
> eclipse.buildId=I20090611-1540 (Galileo)
>
> What is wrong with my setup ?
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------


> instructions.configure=\
>
> (type:0,location:http${#58}//www.eclipse.org/equinox/p2/test ing/updateSite);\
>
> addRepository(type:1,location:http${#58}//www.eclipse.org/eq uinox/p2/testing/updateSite);
>
Re: Galileo - No action found for: addRepository. [message #134455 is a reply to message #134442] Mon, 06 July 2009 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Marchal is currently offline Laurent MarchalFriend
Messages: 91
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Simon,

Thanks it's working with the fully qualified name. Without your help I
could have searched for days !

Laurent.

Simon Kaegi a écrit :
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Try "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository". I think the
> product needs to use a fully qualified action for this particular action
> since the IU is not a bundle or feature. I'm aware that mud is roughly more
> clear on this.
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Engine/Touchpoint_Instruc tions#Fully_Qualified_Action_Names_and_Importing_Actions
>
> -Simon
>
> "Laurent Marchal" <lmarchal@smaeur.com> wrote in message
> news:h2sg8m$le4$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to add automatic updates to my RCP app. But when I try to
>> customize the update repositories with the p2.inf file I get :
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: addRepository.
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.MissingAc tion.execute(MissingAction.java:38)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mai nPerform(Phase.java:129)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:72)
>>
>>
>> I can sucessfully build the "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.cloud"
>> example wich also use the "addRepository" instructions.
>>
>> the p2.inf file is placed near to my .product file.
>> eclipse.buildId=I20090611-1540 (Galileo)
>>
>> What is wrong with my setup ?
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
>
>
>> instructions.configure=\
>>
>> (type:0,location:http${#58}//www.eclipse.org/equinox/p2/test ing/updateSite);\
>>
>> addRepository(type:1,location:http${#58}//www.eclipse.org/eq uinox/p2/testing/updateSite);
>>
>
>
jvmArg fails during installation of my bundle [message #487847 is a reply to message #134428] Thu, 24 September 2009 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helge  Böhme is currently offline Helge BöhmeFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I've added a META-INF/p2.inf to my bundle to alter the eclipse.ini during
installation:

> instructions.configure = \
> addJVMArg(jvmArg:-Djava.system.class.loader=com.wibu.xpm.Too lsSysCl);\
> addJVMArg(jvmArg:-Djava.ext.dirs=plugins/${artifact});
> instructions.unconfigure = \
> removeJVMArg(jvmArg:-Djava.system.class.loader=com.wibu.xpm. ToolsSysCl);\
> removeJVMArg(jvmArg:-Djava.ext.dirs=plugins/${artifact});

During installation of the containing feature into the Eclipse IDE an
error is reported and afterwards the installation is broken (even the
history), see error log below.
The problem is similar to Laurent's but in this case the action is
resolved correctly to the full package path.

Am I missing something, or is this a problem in p2?

Helge


eclipse.buildId=I20090611-1540
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.rcp.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.rcp.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.rcp.product -data C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\HelgeB\workspace-sdk -product org.eclipse.epp.package.rcp.product -clean

Error
Thu Sep 24 15:11:06 CEST 2009
No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addJVMArg.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addJVMArg.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.MissingAc tion.execute(MissingAction.java:38)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mai nPerform(Phase.java:129)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:72)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningUtil.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningUtil.java :389)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ofileModificationOperation.doExecute(ProfileModificationOper ation.java:61)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningOperation.execute(ProvisioningOperation.java:37)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.ProvisioningO perationRunner$1.run(ProvisioningOperationRunner.java:94)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Error
Thu Sep 24 15:11:06 CEST 2009
session context was:(profile=epp.package.rcp, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.pha ses.Configure, operand=null --> [R]com.symtavision.symtas.licensing 2.1.0.200909241506, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Mi ssingAction).
Re: jvmArg fails during installation of my bundle [message #1728766 is a reply to message #487847] Thu, 07 April 2016 07:58 Go to previous message
Awanthika Senarath is currently offline Awanthika SenarathFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: November 2014
Junior Member
Hi,

your command should be as addJvmArg(jvmArg:-Djava.system.class.loader=com.wibu.xpm.Too lsSysCl);\ and not addJVMArg(jvmArg:-Djava.system.class.loader=com.wibu.xpm.Too lsSysCl);\

it is a simple typo.
Previous Topic:Version 1.6.0_65 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version: 1.7 or greater is required.
Next Topic:"Framework stop" thread
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jun 24 11:25:39 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02499 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top