Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » SSH/SFTP to support "sudo -u <user> sudosh" on login
SSH/SFTP to support "sudo -u <user> sudosh" on login [message #756402] Sat, 12 November 2011 18:32 Go to next message
Per Salomonsson is currently offline Per SalomonssonFriend
Lets say we have to users, foo and bar.
Is there a way to configure RSE to allow be to login with SSH/SFTP as user foo and sudo to user bar?
I want to be able to perform commands, uploading/downloading files as user bar.

My current situation is that:
* I cannot perform ssh login with user bar.
* I cannot change to user bar in any other way than using "sudo -u bar sudosh" after logging in with user foo. This limits the way of getting bar rights as well as it requires me to start with the sudosh shell.
* I must enter a password when performing sudo.

If not configurable, is it possible to create a new custom configuration using the extension points, that extends ssh/sftp to perform login with user foo and then under the hood does the sudo stuff? Is this even possible with ssh?

I have tried using the dstore stuff but it still requires me to start a separate ssh login session and do:
$ sudo -u bar sudosh
$ ./server.sh <predefined port>
Which takes a lot of time since i need to login to several machines to do some tasks. And then switch to another set of machines to do some tasks. Besides that, the server must be installed/configured on all machines.

I don't have root access or the possibility to change the user foo and bar permissions.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 November 2011 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SSH/SFTP to support "sudo -u <user> sudosh" on login [message #756490 is a reply to message #756402] Mon, 14 November 2011 01:28 Go to previous message
Per Salomonsson is currently offline Per SalomonssonFriend
I wrote an eclipse plugin that contributes to the context menu on the connection element, in the tree. This way i can start the dstore server with the user i want.
Works for now, but it would be nice to get this stuff supported directly with the ssh connection.
Previous Topic:RSE - Connecting to a server via SSH
Next Topic:Can't get rseserver working between 2 linux boxes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:20:22 GMT 2024