Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to start Eclipse due to NullPointerException
Unable to start Eclipse due to NullPointerException [message #703605] Wed, 27 July 2011 18:40 Go to next message
marcus.morgenstern is currently offline marcus.morgensternFriend
Dear guys,

I just started to switch from emacs to Eclipse using CDT. I installed a couple of plug-ins, such as Subclipse, PyDev, ShellEd. First I could start eclipse without any problems, but after checking out my project and doing some configuration stuff, I'm somehow unable to start eclipse again, due to:

LogFilter.isLoggable threw a non-fatal unchecked exception as follows:
java.lang.NullPointerException

I tried both, Indigo and Helios, but got the same exception. To get it even more weird for me, it works fine if I choose an other workspace, until I do something productive with eclipse, e.g. trying to configure and run a pythons script.

Does anyone of you has an idea what is going wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Marcus

BTW I run on MacOS Snow Leopard with java 1.6.0
SOLVED Re: Unable to start Eclipse due to NullPointerException [message #703707 is a reply to message #703605] Wed, 27 July 2011 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcus.morgenstern is currently offline marcus.morgensternFriend
Problem solved. The .project file somehow got corrupted. Copy to tmp; restart eclipse and copy back worked out well.
Re: SOLVED Re: Unable to start Eclipse due to NullPointerException [message #728781 is a reply to message #703707] Fri, 23 September 2011 22:18 Go to previous message
Anu  is currently offline Anu Friend
Thank you so much marcus for the solution.
Previous Topic:cannot update eclipse - dependency error
Next Topic:Can't get junit to work in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 04:29:33 GMT 2024