Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Helios: Can't terminate application, then can't exit Eclipse
Helios: Can't terminate application, then can't exit Eclipse [message #643034] Fri, 03 December 2010 17:29
David Struck is currently offline David StruckFriend
Hi all, ever since I upgraded to Eclipse Helios, I've been running into this problem at least once a week. I'll run a Java program. When I kill it, the console remains as if the Java program is still running. That is, the red "Terminate" button stays red. I can't remove the console from the history. At this point, I run into other problems. For example, if I open the "Open Type" dialog, there are no hits regardless of what I type. Going to the Windows Task Manager and killing the Java processes there doesn't help. When I try to exit Eclipse, it gets stuck on "Saving workbench state." Then I need to kill Eclipse from the Task Manager to launch it again.

Has anyone else seen this problem? And how would I go about debugging it? I've checked the log file in the .metadata folder in my Eclipse workspace and there's nothing that seems relevant there.

Thanks,

David
Previous Topic:Eclipse non-API Graduation & Deletion
Next Topic: Howto add an external jar dynamically to an eclipse plugin's classpath during runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:17:20 GMT 2024