Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » debugging javascript(can't find how to debug javascript with firebug.)
debugging javascript [message #546892] Wed, 14 July 2010 13:55 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm trying to get eclipse to debug javascript on firebug/cross fire,
but I can't get the option to set the right connector.
Do I need to install the firebug connector somehow?

I can't download Rhino debugger because it only has ftp :/
If you know a place where I could download through ftp, that would be great.

If someone knows where I could find a full tutorial how to debug javascript on eclipse it would be great.

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 03 November 2017 00:24] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: debugging javascript [message #546995 is a reply to message #546892] Wed, 14 July 2010 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John J. Barton is currently offline John J. BartonFriend
Emerson Cargnin wrote:
> I'm trying to get eclipse to debug javascript on firebug/cross fire,
> but I can't get the option to set the right connector.
> Do I need to install the firebug connector somehow?

Hi Emerson, I wonder what documentation you used to decide this was
possible.

jjb
Re: debugging javascript [message #547146 is a reply to message #546995] Thu, 15 July 2010 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
On the JDT one:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT

Debug - integrated debug support for Rhino and Crossfire

Then here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Debug

Currently we have debugging support for Rhino and an incubation version of Crossfire / Firebug support.

Using the Crossfire Debugger

An alternative debugger that interacts with Firebug using Crossfire is under development. This page describes how to try and get the experimental version of the debugger up and running.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Debug/Using_Crossfire_Debugger
Re: debugging javascript [message #554880 is a reply to message #546892] Tue, 24 August 2010 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon Regard is currently offline Brandon RegardFriend
Any news on this? I just installed Helios and do not see the required connector for Crossfire debugging. Help / Better Docs appreciated.

Thanks....
Re: debugging javascript [message #648393 is a reply to message #554880] Wed, 12 January 2011 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Bump.
Same problem still exist. The documentation mentioned a connector for crossfire and chrome but only a Rhino debug configuration is available. It is not clear how to add mozilla/crossfire or chrome support.
Re: debugging javascript [message #649605 is a reply to message #546892] Wed, 19 January 2011 21:27 Go to previous message
Nate is currently offline NateFriend
I haven't spent very much time with this, but something to check out for Chrome debugging is ChromeDevTools.

Official description: "This project provides debugging tools for developers writing applications that run on Google Chrome or its open-source version Chromium. The tools enable you to debug JavaScript inside these browsers over the TCP/IP protocol"

So, easiest method to get the plugin is to just use the repository (paste into 'Work with' field etc): http://chromedevtools.googlecode.com/svn/update/dev/

Next, go to its Project page and follow the instructions at the bottom (under 'How to Debug').

I think for general Chrome compatibility/debugging it's easiest to download a .zipped Chromium trunk build and make it your go-to for debugging/development purposes (as opposed to setting up multiple Chrome profiles), especially if Chrome is your personal browser of choice.

(Also of interest: List of Chromium Command Line Switches)

Previous Topic:Tomcat 7 requires a Java SDK in WTP?
Next Topic:WSDL Editor - how to install?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:00:00 GMT 2024