Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » MariaDB JDBC driver(Connection to MariaDB shows not any table)
MariaDB JDBC driver [message #1857965] Wed, 08 March 2023 14:17 Go to next message
Frank Walter is currently offline Frank WalterFriend
Hallo
I have on Ubuntu 22.04 Eclipse 2022-12 and MariaDB 10.6 which I can access completely with DBeaver 23.0, I see all data:

index.php/fa/43007/0/

index.php/fa/43004/0/

But in Eclipse it is not working.
I installed in Eclipse the DTP and downloaded the mariadb-java-client-3.1.2.jar from MariaDB, but I cannot create a connection, so that I could open tables and view data etc.
I could establish a connection to MariaDB, Ping is successful, but when I open the connection, and click any database, I see "Schemas" but this is it. Nothing opens, when I click that "Schemas".

index.php/fa/43009/0/
Screenshot: Schema empty

In the end, I installed the DBeaver Plugin, this works as good as the main application DBeaver 23.0

But I would like to know what is wrong with the JDBC for the DTP and MariaDB, should work too.
I didnt find much for my case in the net.

Thank frank

[Updated on: Wed, 08 March 2023 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MariaDB JDBC driver [message #1857979 is a reply to message #1857965] Thu, 09 March 2023 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It would be better to ask on the DTP forum:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=3

But that's not a lively place. :-( The project itself is not very lively...

One could try posting on a mailing list:

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.datatools/contact

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: MariaDB JDBC driver [message #1857980 is a reply to message #1857979] Thu, 09 March 2023 08:53 Go to previous message
Frank Walter is currently offline Frank WalterFriend
Thank already.

I understand, DTP is not the usual way to work in Eclipse, I will use then another application (DBeaver, works flawlessly), if I need DB in Eclipse.
I thought I could use DTP in Eclipse, as the DB-Tool in PhpStorm, where it is useful to have it in the same application (for PHP development etc.). But even in PhpStorm the DB-Tool is not that reliable, at least in 2022.1 with MariaDB, see: wrong use of setFetchSize when using mariadb driver.
It works though with the older 2.7.3 driver (MaraDB connector J ver. 2.7.3. [MariaDB_2.x])
But this is another story and should be narrated another time at another spot ;)

Thank.
Frank

[Updated on: Thu, 09 March 2023 11:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to disable or disable the find actions search box in the upper right corner of the eclipse ide
Next Topic: Eclipse for Scientific Computing 2022-23 doesn't support SDM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:09:17 GMT 2024