Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Export Requirements only?(Looking for a way to use Papyrus to develop requirements tree and export to human readable format.)
Export Requirements only? [message #1855793] Thu, 03 November 2022 13:06 Go to next message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Hi all,
I'm still new to Papyrus and SysML but I'm using Papyrus every day to learn it more.
I have a new project that is in the requirements definition phase and I'm wondering if there is a way to export a requirements tree from Papyrus as a document, such as an ODT, DOCX or PDF, but not as a diagram. Our company usually uses IBM DOORS for requirements development, but I'm trying to develop the same sort of thing in Papyrus. Is this possible?
Thanks!
Rod
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1855796 is a reply to message #1855793] Thu, 03 November 2022 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

There is a Papyrus-Model2Doc tool which can help you to generate ODT, DOCX and PDF. [1]
You can look at the doc with is embedded in eclipse help (once you have installed it).

HTH,
Pauline

1] https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/papyrus-model2doc
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856043 is a reply to message #1855796] Wed, 16 November 2022 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.
I did find the model2doc install in the marketplace and I have both libreoffice and the libreoffice sdk installed as well. In the model, I can right-click on an element in the model and select new document template, but the next menu level is empty. I do not have a generic template to select. I have not found a way to install the generic template as yet.
Any hints?
Thanks!
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856053 is a reply to message #1856043] Thu, 17 November 2022 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello,
the document tools is connected to the Papyrus Architecture Framework. If your model uses the UML Architecture Context, you only will access to the generic version of the document generator. If your model uses the SysML 1.6 Architecture Framework, you only will access to the SysML 1.6 Requirements document generator. If you are in another context, you need to connect yourself the documentation tool to the Papyrus Architecture Framework to get the expected menu in your model.

Please could you check your are in SysML 1.6 architecture Framework. To get this information, from the Papyrus ModelExplorer -> RightClick -> Switch Architecture Context . A dialog appears, SysML 1.6 must be selected.

HTH,
Vincent
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856055 is a reply to message #1856053] Thu, 17 November 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, SysML1.6 is selected.
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856067 is a reply to message #1856055] Fri, 18 November 2022 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
please could you check you have these plugins installed in your eclipse :

• org.eclipse.papyrus.model2doc.integration.ieee.requirements
  • org.eclipse.papyrus.model2doc.integration.ieee.requirements.odt
  • org.eclipse.papyrus.model2doc.integration.ieee.requirements.architecture.
  • org.eclipse.papyrus.model2doc.integration.ieee.requirements.odt.ui
  • org.eclipse.papyrus.model2doc.integration.ieee.requirements.sysml16.odt.architecture

In addition, if these plugins are well installed, I forgot to indicate you that your model must be stereotyped with specifics stereotypes to get the generations of the documents for Requirements.

The embedded documentation proposes to create a preconfigured SysML 1.6 models for Requirements, with these stereotypes already applied. You can also apply them yourself on your existing model.

On the root of your model, you need to apply the profile "IEEERequirementsDocumentation".
On the Packages owning requirements, you need to apply the stereotype IEEERequirements or IEEEFunctionalRequirements and edit thir property IEEERequirements#category or IEEEFunctionalRequirements#mode. These stereotypes and these values are used to generates your documentation according to the IEEE Requirements specifications https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/720574.

The mentionned documentation can be found here in the Eclipse Help Contents:
index.php/fa/42716/0/

Vincent
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856070 is a reply to message #1856067] Fri, 18 November 2022 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, those plugins were not installed. I went back through the "Install New Software..." tab and searched for Model2Doc and found about 10 items that were not installed. Installing these has added the template for Requirements in the New Documentation Template dropdown.
Thank you,
I will continue to work through the help menus.
Rod
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856072 is a reply to message #1856067] Fri, 18 November 2022 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, with those plugins installed, I am getting an ODT output, but it does not contain any requirements. Here is a screenshot of the setup I have so far. I cannot include the file as some of the data is classified.

I might have to start a new project just to test this feature. I have been learning as I go so I may not have followed best practices in creating the initial model.

Thanks,

Rod
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856179 is a reply to message #1856072] Thu, 24 November 2022 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
The provided DocumentStructureTemplate requires to follow a specific model architecture. I'm not sure, but I think it will work better if you create the DocumentStructureTemplate under the Package "3 Requirements" or directly at the root of your model.

/Vincent
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856181 is a reply to message #1856179] Thu, 24 November 2022 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the setup is designed for a single requirements document, not a large collection of requirements documents?
Re: Export Requirements only? [message #1856290 is a reply to message #1856181] Thu, 01 December 2022 13:56 Go to previous message
Hello,
Yes the setup we provide is designed to generate only one document for a Requirement model. Please, see this setup as an example of the Papyrus-Model2doc capabilities.
The Model2doc tool is designed to produce one document per DocumentStructureTemplate instance. So if you reproduce the full SysML structure we provided in sub Packages you should be able to generate as many Document as created sub Packages.
You could also create your own DocumentStructureTemplate configuration to browse your model as you want.

Regards,
Vincent
Previous Topic:SysML - Copy + Paste Format
Next Topic:Spring State Machine Modelling Tool Support in Intellij
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:02:41 GMT 2024