Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Select JVM via a configuration
Select JVM via a configuration [message #1849948] Wed, 09 February 2022 14:50 Go to next message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
Is it possible to select a Java version from the available options in the installer via a configuration?
In particular, I want to select exactly the justj Java 11 that is listed in the Java 11+ VM dropdown in the installer.
Do I need a JRE task for that? I tried it, but I can't figure out what exactly the three options for VM install type mean.

Thanks in advance for any hints how to solve this.
Re: Select JVM via a configuration [message #1849954 is a reply to message #1849948] Wed, 09 February 2022 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Good question. No, I don't see a way to do that but I can see that this could be convenient to provide more guidance. And no, a JRE task is unrelated. These things are represented as p2 tasks in this resource:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/setups/org.eclipse.jres.setup

In org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.SetupWizard.IndexLoader.indexLoaded(Index) it looks for the annotation that marks the reference to this resource's contents and converts them to descriptors like what we had before for the JREs/JDKs on the machine that are used to populate the dropdown. Nothing current would help pick a specific one. We'd have to invent something...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Select JVM via a configuration [message #1850249 is a reply to message #1849954] Tue, 22 February 2022 17:50 Go to previous message
Claudio Weiler is currently offline Claudio WeilerFriend
We can do (some of) this with eclipse.ini config, but it depends on uniform environment with other users.
Previous Topic:Installing JavaFX SDK via oomph
Next Topic:Product partial update on latest product version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:27:32 GMT 2024