Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Scripting Simulink Models(Error message: Simulink block type not found)
Scripting Simulink Models [message #1843312] Fri, 23 July 2021 10:53 Go to next message
Michael Mittermaier is currently offline Michael MittermaierFriend
Hello!

I want to use Epsilon to script Simulink models just as in the tutorial in https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/simulink/ .

I work on Eclipse 2020-06 and the Matlab engine from Matlab R2021a, both working on Java 8. The operating system is Ubuntu 21.04.

I carefully followed the steps described in the tutorial,

• I double checked the paths to the Matlab library and engine,
  • then created the general project with the described eol file and the empty slx file,
  • and finally created and launched the run configuration for the eol file with a Simulink Model pointing to the slx file.

Unfortunately, shortly after starting the run configuration, it throws the following exception:
/usr/local/MATLAB/R2021a/bin/glnxa64/libmwnativejava_engine_core.so: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2021a/bin/glnxa64/libmwi18n.so: undefined symbol: UCNV_FROM_U_CALLBACK_ESCAPE_WITH_INVISIBLE_CHARS_67Type 'simulink/Sources/Sine Wave' not found
	at (/home/mm/eclipse-workspace/2020-06/test.epsilon/demo.eol@2:19-2:47)
	at (/home/mm/eclipse-workspace/2020-06/test.epsilon/demo.eol@2:15-2:47)
	at (/home/mm/eclipse-workspace/2020-06/test.epsilon/demo.eol@2:0-2:48)
	at (/home/mm/eclipse-workspace/2020-06/test.epsilon/demo.eol@2:0-25:23)
	at (/home/mm/eclipse-workspace/2020-06/test.epsilon/demo.eol@2:0-25:23)

for whichever Simulink block type is the first in the eol file (in this case simulink/Sources/Sine Wave).

I couldn't find any similar error messages online, so I hope anyone here can help me with this.

Thanks!
Michael
Re: Scripting Simulink Models [message #1843313 is a reply to message #1843312] Fri, 23 July 2021 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Michael,

Searching for 'undefined symbol simulink linux "libmwi18n.so"' returns a few results that indicate that this could be a Simulink installation/configuration issue e.g. https://ww2.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/answers/364551-why-is-matlab-unable-to-run-the-matlabwindow-application-on-linux.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Dimitris
Re: Scripting Simulink Models [message #1851015 is a reply to message #1843313] Thu, 24 March 2022 14:21 Go to previous message
Abdelgafar  Elkhaoui is currently offline Abdelgafar ElkhaouiFriend
Hi Michael,
It's necessary to follow the syntax of the language :
new `simulink/Sources/Sine Wave`;
not new 'simulink/Sources/Sine Wave'
be careful of the punctuation, in the end, it's not an Apostrophe
Otherwise, try to verify the installation of matlab and you can remove the epsilon core and the Simulink integration when you first installed them from the new software because normally if you check the preferences for epsilon the Matlab installation will detect the paths automatically .
I hope that can help you
Previous Topic:Epsilon Workflow Depends on Apache Ant plugin
Next Topic:Epsilon Core Dependencies Feature incomplete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:48:47 GMT 2024