Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Profile registry filling up(How to limit the number of installation changes that gets written to the profile registry folder)
Profile registry filling up [message #1843058] Tue, 13 July 2021 18:02 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
On windows I invoke eclipse with the -Dosgi.configuration.area= system property set to a different folder for each invocation (this is on a Jenkins server and there can be multiple concurrent invocations). This cause a different installation change for each job and hence a new *.profile.gz file created in the profileRegistry folder at
C:\Users\<user>\.p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry.

Is there a way to limit the number of installation changes that are saved? Is there a command to clean those up?
Re: Profile registry filling up [message #1843118 is a reply to message #1843058] Fri, 16 July 2021 06:13 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I see that you can use Help -> About Eclipse IDE -> Installation Details -> Installation History and can delete history items but I see nothing obvious to limit the history size.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:installation error
Next Topic:Unexpected "Installing a.jre.javase [17.0.0]" operation after import task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:37:00 GMT 2024