Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Unable to tell when a file has changed(Unable to tell with a file has changed)
Unable to tell when a file has changed [message #1839281] Thu, 18 March 2021 16:37 Go to next message
Terry Bauer is currently offline Terry BauerFriend
I am using EGit with GitHub and have several repositories in a Workspace. I have also installed the GitFlow for GitHub add-in. So, I am working with both a "master' and "develop" branch.

I have one project initialized to use GitFlow that when I open a "HotFix" and then make a change to a program, I am no longer seeing the ">" character next to the program indicating that the program has been changed. In fact, the changed program also does not appear in the "Ustaged Programs" area of the Git Staging tab unless I first check out a different branch and then return the the "HotFix" branch. Once I get the program to show up, then finishing the "HotFix" works as expected with the GitFlow for GitHub process.

Interestingly enough, I have another project initialized for GitFlow where I do not experience this issue. That is, when changing a program in this project, I do get the ">" indicator that the program has changed.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing on this first project?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Unable to tell when a file has changed [message #1839282 is a reply to message #1839281] Thu, 18 March 2021 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Is the corresponding Eclipse project imported ?
If not, click import projects on the repository shown in the git repositories view.
Re: Unable to tell when a file has changed [message #1839393 is a reply to message #1839282] Fri, 19 March 2021 19:16 Go to previous message
Terry Bauer is currently offline Terry BauerFriend
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. My final solution was to remove my project and to set it back up again. Once I did that, the problem resolved itself, and now when I change a program it is marked with the ">" denoting that it has been changed.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Previous Topic:Pre-Fill Commit Message
Next Topic:After upgrade to 2021-03 I cannot log in anymore using ssh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:13:58 GMT 2024