Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Javafx with tycho and simple maven project(How to make an osgi plugin using javafx (with efxclipse) depending to a classical maven project using javafx)
Javafx with tycho and simple maven project [message #1836510] Wed, 06 January 2021 11:15 Go to next message
Jordan Jojal is currently offline Jordan JojalFriend
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new e(fx)clipse project using tycho with the manifest first approach. Everything is working fine but i would try to use normal maven project with javafx and here are my problems.

I followed instructions on the Tom Schindl blog to configure everything
(Article : setting-up-efxclipse-rcp-development-for-java11-and-pde)
(Sorry, i can't post the link because it's my first post here)

Here is the structure of my application :

App
|_ plugins
|_ pluginA (manifest first)
|_ features
|_ featureA
|_ pom.xml (Using tycho) It's the only pom.xml in my project

Now, in my pom.xml i add a dependency to a normal maven project (let's call him "widget-project" which contain some cool javafx widgets and a good MANIFEST.MF to be exploited correctly by OSGI.

When i try to build my applicationtion i get the following error :

"Missing requirement: widget-project depends on: java.package: javafx.collections 0.0.0 but it could not be found"

It looks like this is not possible to mix e(fx)clipse + tycho with classic dependencies to maven project using javafx ?

Is there a way to do that ?
Maybe i'm missing something :(

Thank you all.

Re: Javafx with tycho and simple maven project [message #1836741 is a reply to message #1836510] Wed, 13 January 2021 09:33 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Well yes and no - if you use tycho the only truth is in the target platform but with the latest release you can reference pure-maven-modules in the target platform - see https://läubisoft.gmbh/en/articles/using-maven-artifacts-in-pde-rcp-and-tycho-builds/

The other option is to go with maven-first as shown in https://github.com/BestSolution-at/e4-efxclipse-maven-sample
Previous Topic:Warnings Disappeared in FXML editor
Next Topic:How to compile a Java FX project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:18:48 GMT 2024