Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Can Eclipse Installer continue when Repository host name is unknown?
Can Eclipse Installer continue when Repository host name is unknown? [message #1833492] Wed, 14 October 2020 19:30 Go to next message
Ge Strait is currently offline Ge StraitFriend
When a product setup file includes a Repository with a host name that results in java.net.UnknownHostException, is there a way configure the Eclipse Installer to continue?

I have a question from a user where they want to specify a P2 Director Task with a single Requirement and two Repositories. Where the host name of only one of the Repositories would be accessible by the Eclipse Installer depending on the VPN the user who runs the Eclipse Installer is connected to.
Re: Can Eclipse Installer continue when Repository host name is unknown? [message #1833496 is a reply to message #1833492] Thu, 15 October 2020 04:08 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, I think p2 generally fails if any of the top level repositories are not available. I don't know if it helps, but I think (though I'm not totally sure though) that if one of a composites children fails but another one works, that the composite doesn't fail...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Stop Eclipse Installer from tampering with Eclipse JRE
Next Topic:Oomph synchronizer with multiple profile?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:43:22 GMT 2024