Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Renaming variable renamed in ALL files of the project
Renaming variable renamed in ALL files of the project [message #1832838] Sat, 26 September 2020 11:39
Jean-Yves Toumit is currently offline Jean-Yves ToumitFriend
Hi all,
when renaming a variable in one php file, it renamed that variable to the new name in ALL php files of my project. That created of course a huge chaos in the project because of overlapping variable names in other files.
Thankfully, I had backups and didn't make too many changes today, so I could recover without too much hassle.
Is this really a desired behaviour? Especially as "Undo" would only work on the current file AND would not save it correctly later because it didn't detect the undo change. Basically, it killed 50% of my project files in one shot with no possible recovery!
I would assume that when renaming a variable, it would do so by sticking to the current file only (and probably actually only the current scope). Is this because the variable was actually assigned not within a block... although it was absolutely NOT a global variable?
I will be very wary in the future of renaming anything with this plugin. Once bitten, twice shy.
Thanks,
JY.
Previous Topic:Generate Getters and Setters not working
Next Topic:Open declaration don't open file in write mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:59:42 GMT 2024