Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » install issues(getting the debugger to work)
install issues [message #1828486] Wed, 10 June 2020 14:48 Go to next message
chris rutten is currently offline chris ruttenFriend
Hi all;

hopefully this will help someone. I had a lot of agony getting started with Eclipse PDT but the solution was simple. Actually it was PHPStorm's documentation who gave me the hint.

xDebug was working as a CLI application, but as a web-application it only /seemed/ to work. It didn't break on any breakpoint though, so it was pretty useless. However phpinfo() told me xDebug was working so I was blaming eclipse.

All problems vanished when I followed the instructions from xdebug wizard on its website, as suggested by PHPstorm. So perhaps it is possible to add the link to the xdebug-wizard in the eclipse install instructions or help file or setup screen or wherever it might help someone.
(I'd give the link here, but I'm not allowed as a new user)

Best regards
Chris
Re: install issues [message #1856755 is a reply to message #1828486] Thu, 29 December 2022 01:35 Go to previous message
smoothwin liecrassbound is currently offline smoothwin liecrassboundFriend
chris rutten wrote on Wed, 10 June 2020 14:48
Hi all;

hopefully this will help someone. I had a lot of agony getting started with Eclipse PDT but the solution was simple. Actually it was PHPStorm's documentation who gave me the hint.

xDebug was working as a CLI application, but as a web-application it only /seemed/ to work. It didn't break on any breakpoint though, so it was pretty useless. However phpinfo() told me xDebug was working so I was blaming eclipse.

All problems vanished when I followed the instructions from xdebug wizard on its website, as suggested by PHPstorm. So perhaps it is possible to add the link to the xdebug-wizard in the eclipse install instructions or help file or setup screen or wherever it might help someone.
(I'd give the link here, but I'm not allowed as a new user) phrazle

Best regards
Chris

Although xDebug's command-line interface version worked, its web-based counterpart just "appeared" to. However, it did not falter in the typical ways, making it mostly ineffectual. The phpinfo() function, however, showed that xDebug was really turned on, thus I could no longer place the blame on Eclipse.

Using the online xdebug wizard as suggested by PHPstorm, I was able to solve my problems. Including a connection to the xdebug-wizard in Eclipse's help, setup, or documentation would be possible. (Since I am a new member, I am unable to provide the URL.)
Previous Topic:The best lightweight IDE for PHP programming?
Next Topic:Incorrectly thinks a variable is global when renaming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:06:15 GMT 2024