Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse does not debug but runs the program(instead of starting debugs it runs as usual)
eclipse does not debug but runs the program [message #1827796] Sun, 24 May 2020 12:05 Go to next message
Kalina Kantcheva is currently offline Kalina KantchevaFriend
Few days ago my Eclipse stopped running in debug mode. It does not stop at breakpoints, it does not offer me to switch to debug perspective and if I switch by myself it does not show the value of any of the variables or anything else. When it gets my input from the console it calculates an output and executes the program. It happened to other programs I tried to debug. It does not give an error but it makes it difficult where my logic faults without debug mode. I attached a screenshot. index.php/fa/38174/0/ Any suggestions?
Re: eclipse does not debug but runs the program [message #1828330 is a reply to message #1827796] Sun, 07 June 2020 18:18 Go to previous message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
How are you running your programs? I would say that you're not running them in Debug mode and that's why breakpoints are ignored.

• Run > Debug to launch the last program in debug mode
  • Run > Debug History to launch a recent program in debug mode
  • Run > Debug Configurations... to launch a new program in debug mode

(you can also hit F11 to debug from the current editor).
Previous Topic:Importing External Jar Files
Next Topic:this picture will show you here.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:28:00 GMT 2024