Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » increase the text size for items in the package explorer
increase the text size for items in the package explorer [message #1820780] Tue, 28 January 2020 17:37 Go to next message
LMH Medchem is currently offline LMH MedchemFriend
Hello,

There are several topics on stackoverflow about this but they all seem to be rather old. I can't find any recent posts about this.

I can barely read the text of the filenames and directories in the package explorer. My eyesight is poor and on windows I use a 140% DPI setting to make everything on the display larger. This is CentOS 7 KDE and Eclipse 2019-12 (4.14.0) and I am trying to get Eclipse into a state when I can read it without straining. It was straightforward to adjust the font in the editor and terminal but I am having trouble reading the other parts of the IDE.

It would be nice to increase the font size in the project explorer and also the size of the toolbar icons.

Suggestions would be appreciated,

LMHmedchem

[Updated on: Tue, 28 January 2020 17:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: increase the text size for items in the package explorer [message #1820785 is a reply to message #1820780] Tue, 28 January 2020 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Color and font settings in Eclipse can be quite confusing.
And some of them are apparently set by the operating system.
I don't think you can change the size of icons as they appear to be bitmaps which aren't scalable.

There are a lot of settings for fonts and colors though.
Start with Windows --> Preferences --> Appearance --> Fonts and Colors --> Basic
There is a "Dialog Font" there but I don't know if it applies to views.
There is also a section labelled "Views and Editor folders" you could try.

Some documents which may help.
https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-74.htm
https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-20.htm?cp=0_3_4_3
https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/concepts/accessibility/fontsandcolors.htm?cp=0_2_12_2
Re: increase the text size for items in the package explorer [message #1820829 is a reply to message #1820785] Wed, 29 January 2020 20:42 Go to previous message
LMH Medchem is currently offline LMH MedchemFriend
Thanks you for the information. I used Windows --> Preferences --> Appearance --> Fonts and Colors --> Basic to increase the size of the text in the editor and console.

I will try some of the other options and see if I can find something that affects the project manager. Having the operating system set font sizes without some intervening abstraction to allow for modifications seems a bit strange. It is likely that it just falls too far down the long list of things to work on to receive much attention.

LMHmedchem
Previous Topic:settings for correct highlighting of my makefile
Next Topic:Can I build a C/C++ library for SPECIFIC architecture using Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 09:00:03 GMT 2024