Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » What are the best ways to get answers with Eclipse use?
What are the best ways to get answers with Eclipse use? [message #1817432] Fri, 22 November 2019 05:58 Go to next message
Russell Longo is currently offline Russell LongoFriend
I figured forum access might be a way to get answers, even if it's not the fastest way to the answer.

However, I am seeing a very low answer reply rate on the posts, if I am seeing things correctly. There are posts with hundreds or even thousands of views, and no replies!!

Maybe that means I need to pay for a mentor, and that would be fine if it really is the best way to get help on the tool.

Or local user groups? Virtual user groups?

Open to suggestions if the forums are the right place for reasonable interaction with the community.

Re: What are the best ways to get answers with Eclipse use? [message #1817444 is a reply to message #1817432] Fri, 22 November 2019 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
Hi,

I would guess that some posts remain unanswered because they are seen by people that either do not know how to answer them or do not have the time to investiguate the issue in details (sadly everyone is always very busy!). It really depends on the forum, though, as for example the EMF and Sirius forums are pretty active.

Depending on your needs, you may also try to get answers by:

As a site note, the lack of focus on the forums has recently been discussed in the platform-dev mailing list.
Re: What are the best ways to get answers with Eclipse use? [message #1817469 is a reply to message #1817444] Fri, 22 November 2019 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Longo is currently offline Russell LongoFriend
This is very helpful thank you! I will plan to pursue these options.
Re: What are the best ways to get answers with Eclipse use? [message #1817822 is a reply to message #1817432] Fri, 29 November 2019 17:35 Go to previous message
Helen Keller is currently offline Helen KellerFriend
I am actually concerned that majority of "views" are machine generated , hence unseen spam.
Have not seen such "activity" on other forums.
Previous Topic:eclipse doesnt like this line of code
Next Topic:Update 2019-03 to 2019-09 safely
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:20:07 GMT 2024