Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Splitting cross tab header cell into multiple columns
Splitting cross tab header cell into multiple columns [message #1817342] Wed, 20 November 2019 16:57
Alex Davidson is currently offline Alex DavidsonFriend
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me as Google and help guides have so far failed. I'm trying to create a very basic cross tab report that gets monthly sales figures for product lines. The end goal of the report is that it will be used to export the results to Excel so that they can then be uploaded to a cloud based quality/complaints system

Overall everything is basically working. I have the cross tab set up and pulling all the correct data, however I'm just having last stage niggles with the Excel cell formatting when exporting due to the cross tab header

I have in my row dimensions 3 levels: partdesc > partnum > partstatus
Then in my columns i have just: finperiod start date
And my summary data is: invoicequantity

The layout I need in the Excel spreadsheet is literally a single header line, and then the row data underneath. However if I leave the cross tab header cell empty then I 1) don't get header row labels for partdesc > partnum > partstatus and 2) the cell itself is merged across the 3 columns that are created (see fig1)

If I put a 3 column grid in the header and add the labels then I get header 1 and 2 in their correct column, header 3 is merged across columns 3-5, and in the first row I have partdesc merged across columns 1-3 with partnum and partstatus in their own columns (see fig2)

All I need when exporting to Excel is rows with their headers and no merging (fig3)

I don't know if cross tab is just not the way to do this. I've thought about trying to do it in a straight table, but because of the nature of the data, I don't know how many financial periods are going to be in the report so I need that to be dynamic. If there are any ideas as to how to split the cross tab header then that will solve the problem, but if not any ideas on the best way to achieve the fig3 final output directly via BIRT?

Worse case scenario is I leave it with no header data and write a macro to unmerge and add the header labels, but I want to have an on the fly report directly from our system that anyone can use without further steps

• Attachment: fig1.JPG
    (Size: 38.60KB, Downloaded 160 times)
  • Attachment: fig2.JPG
    (Size: 30.04KB, Downloaded 125 times)
  • Attachment: fig3.JPG
    (Size: 28.56KB, Downloaded 125 times)
Previous Topic:How to get the projects folder from in a script?
Next Topic:Cross Tab Subtotal Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:57:48 GMT 2024