Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problems to run a Program (Hello World) after Installing
Problems to run a Program (Hello World) after Installing [message #1814844] Fri, 20 September 2019 07:46 Go to next message
Sven Ga is currently offline Sven GaFriend
Hello,
I have installed Eclipse Photon (Release 4.8.0) on Ubuntu - now I want to run my first program.
Unfortunately I get an Error Message ("Launch failed. Binary not found") - I have read to the problem -> I should go to "Project" -> "Properties" -> "C/C++ Build" -> "Settings" -> "Binary Parsers" -> here I should activate "Elf Parser" or "GNU Elf Parser" ..... but "Elf Parser" was already activated - I have tried it with "GNU Elf Parser" , but it doesn't run to.

Can anybody help me?

(In the settings there is also a tab "Error Parsers". Perhaps there is the solution(?)

Thank You.
Re: Problems to run a Program (Hello World) after Installing [message #1814868 is a reply to message #1814844] Fri, 20 September 2019 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
It seems to me that you have not built the program. To build it, click on the hammer icon or select from the project menu 'Build Project'.

To verify, click open the 'binaries' part of the project tree and look if there is the run file.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Problems to run a Program (Hello World) after Installing [message #1814869 is a reply to message #1814868] Fri, 20 September 2019 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Ga is currently offline Sven GaFriend
Thank you for your answer. I have already clicked "Build Project" - I have added a picture.....

In my Binary Folder there is a file, called Test_4 [x86_64/le] - I think it is the file you mean (see picture)........

When I click on "Run" I am asked to run it as "C/C++ Container Application" or as "Local C/C++ Application" -> but I think that isn't important (I have tried both ways)....

Perhaps I should deinstall it and install it again.
Re: Problems to run a Program (Hello World) after Installing [message #1814883 is a reply to message #1814869] Sat, 21 September 2019 11:58 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
The red crosses mean that there have been errors in the build.

Clean the project and build again. Look at the 'Problems' page and correct the things pointed at there.

For running, set up a run configuration (see help pages for how to).

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Cannot create pty
Next Topic:Eclipse building problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:38:42 GMT 2024