Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Working PDT/Debugger setup (Windows)(!!!
Working PDT/Debugger setup (Windows)(!!! [message #1796158] Sun, 07 October 2018 13:30 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi, I am a Eclipse newbie but do PHP development for years. After installing Eclipse Helios 3.6.1 for PHP and Cakephp 1.2.x I was trying quite a number of different configurations to get the php debugger up and running.
I was trying to use the Eclipse Install feature to get the Debugger up and running. But I couldn't find any Zend Debugger version which was compatible with the Eclipse download. Facebook Netflix Skype

The Zend Debugger was not running with the XAMPP environment, so I installed Zend Server CE, which has Apache, PHP 5.3.3 and the Zend Debugger working and deactivated XAMPP.
While I am now able to use the Zend Debugger, I can only go step by step through the php statements. When I set breakpoints, the debugger ignores them and just runs to the end. I saw that this seem to be a common evil to many over the years.

I now would like to know if anybody can tell me which combination of PHP 5.2 or higher, Debugger (Zend or X) and Eclipse (preferably Helios) can actually work.

I was reading the different forums at Eclipse, Zend, Cakephp and what not ... but none of the tips worked for me so far. Maybe it is PHP 5.3.3 and the maybe not yet functioning tools related

Thank you!

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2018 19:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Working PDT/Debugger setup (Windows)(!!! [message #1796160 is a reply to message #1796158] Sun, 07 October 2018 14:33 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Helios is ancient release, 8 years old. Could you try 2018.09?

Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis?
Next Topic: Problems after upgrade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:04:02 GMT 2024