Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Installing Subversive out of the box is totally broken(Great I can download it from market place but can't get a single connector to work)
Installing Subversive out of the box is totally broken [message #1795813] Sat, 29 September 2018 11:30
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend
Not to complain as I appreciate all the hard work but it is a total pain to get a working SVN installation with this project, the connectors don't work they give you weird errors like unable to to initialize apache SVN classes. I got to polarion.com none of their update sites work as they should and this release should be fixed or removed from eclipse. Why can't we just get this thing to work out of the box?

Furthermore I get a message that the latest release is not available in market place after clicking install, trying to cancel after clicking "continue anyway" the dialogue freezes and have to force quite eclipse, the Native Connectors don't work, is anyone aware of these issues?

P.S I finally got this to work in the latest eclipse release by installing the luna archive update site, sorry for the griping, this is open source software and its not perfect but I've been using eclipse for a long time and this thing is painful, is it just me? If so I have all the humility in the world, thanks for reading.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 September 2018 11:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Svn Connectors site not available
Next Topic:Subversive no longer available in Marketplace or Photon repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:50:56 GMT 2024