Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content.
Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1792983] Thu, 26 July 2018 23:02 Go to next message
Dave Clo is currently offline Dave CloFriend
Got this after installing the Remote (FTP) extension from these instructions: https://stackoverflow dot com/a/6944100/9990047

I'm on Mac. Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers

Version: Photon Release (4.8.0)
Build id: 20180619-1200

Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. The authenticity or validity of this software cannot be established. Do you want to continue with the installation?

I can't post the log lines here because of error "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 1 message." so I'll try to attach the log as a file.
Re: Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1792986 is a reply to message #1792983] Fri, 27 July 2018 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The date for these things is quite old. It might just be an issue with the certificate being a very old (expire?) one. In the final installation, you can use Help -> About Eclipse -> Installation Details -> Plug-ins and in the first column you can see the "Signed" information. There can you see which plugins aren't signed and with the "Show Signing Info" you can see details about the signature.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1793017 is a reply to message #1792986] Fri, 27 July 2018 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you on Windows? There's no About Eclipse in Help; on Mac, I discovered I have to click the bold "Eclipse" file menu option then About Eclipse.

See attached screenshot for my Plug-ins details with Remote Services highlighted (I'm assuming it's the same thing I'm trying to install)... I'm guessing the certificate icon on everything means they all have certificates? If so, I don't know why I'm getting an error saying they're not signed.

Also see attached screenshot of what I'm trying to install exactly.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 July 2018 14:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1793156 is a reply to message #1793017] Tue, 31 July 2018 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody knows anything?
Re: Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1793157 is a reply to message #1793156] Tue, 31 July 2018 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I'm not sure you actually asked a question before, but it's been reported as a bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/536800

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1793423 is a reply to message #1793157] Wed, 08 August 2018 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeffrey Pound is currently offline Jeffrey PoundFriend
The simple truth is that the sites do not use HTTPS for their sites because of the costs of getting a certificate from one of the major certificate granting sites.
-jeff
Re: Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. [message #1793640 is a reply to message #1793423] Mon, 13 August 2018 06:17 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I have seen this kind of warning on all sorts of stuff I've downloaded from companies so big that you would think they would not be lazy about doing their housework. As long as I know that I've really gone through, e.g., the Cisco website, if I get a warning like that I'll go ahead and use it without worrying about it. If I were to go to www.download.com and got something with that kind of warning I'd be leery of it. I'd probably try to go back to the originating company's website and download it from there. If the problem is just that they haven't gotten around to updating their certificates that, to me at least, just indicates that I have to be sure I'm not connected to some false-flag website, e.g. the hernlock society instead of the hemlock society.
Previous Topic:Eclipse launcher unable for find shared library error
Next Topic:Surrogate log-in with RDZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:37:54 GMT 2024