Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse autocomplete does not show the correct parameter-names
Eclipse autocomplete does not show the correct parameter-names [message #1789972] Fri, 01 June 2018 11:54 Go to next message
Moritz Lindner is currently offline Moritz LindnerFriend
Hi,

I hope this is the correct subforum because this is my first contribution to this forum.

I have a problem with the autocomplete-tool in Eclipse. The Tool does not show the correct names for the parameters as you can see in the screenshot.

index.php/fa/32986/0/

Only if I use it ones it will work but only for the object I used it for. So for instance if I use the tool for Double the autocomplete-tool will work for this object until the next restart but it wont work for Integer until it is used with it once. I hope you can understand what I mean if not please let me know.

As you might have guess this is quite distracting so I already reinstalled the jdk, jre and the Eclipse IDE but it did not fix the problem.

Any Ideas what I can do?

Regards
Moritz Lindner
Re: Eclipse autocomplete does not show the correct parameter-names [message #1790198 is a reply to message #1789972] Wed, 06 June 2018 20:19 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
My quick guess would be that Eclipse finds the .class file and and the javadoc of Double, but not the source file. When you press F3 on "Double", does it correctly open a source editor?
Previous Topic:Dual Monitor Setup
Next Topic:How to adapt the code generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:10:47 GMT 2024