Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » commit-id plugin reports that .gitconfig is invalid
commit-id plugin reports that .gitconfig is invalid [message #1783951] Tue, 20 March 2018 16:23 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I work on a Maven build that uses the git-commit-id plugin. I haven't run this build locally for a while. I recently had to tweak my user.name value in in my $HOME/.gitconfig to reflect corp standards. Today, when I tried to run that build, I saw an error like this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:2.2.3:revision (get-the-git-infos) on project ...: Could not complete Mojo execution...: Could not initialize repository... User config file ...\.gitconfig invalid org.eclipse.jgit.errors.ConfigInvalidException: Cannot read file ...\.gitconfig: Invalid line in config file -> [Help 1]

Here's the approximate contents of my entire $HOME/.gitconfig file:
[user]
	name = Karr, David (...)
	email = ...@...

I believe the former value of the "name" property was "David M. Karr". What might be happening here?
Re: commit-id plugin reports that .gitconfig is invalid [message #1783959 is a reply to message #1783951] Tue, 20 March 2018 17:25 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I think I figured this out. jgit was trying to read a file referenced by a Cygwin symlink, which unfortunately will not work.
Previous Topic:IOException: Could not rename file
Next Topic:Link history with Git repositories view but not with editors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 18:27:20 GMT 2018