Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How can Greehouse example use DHT11 to read temperature and humidity data?
How can Greehouse example use DHT11 to read temperature and humidity data? [message #1767774] Tue, 11 July 2017 02:53 Go to next message
LI Yi is currently offline LI YiFriend
Hello Everyone
My DHT 11 sensor module has three pins ,which are VCC/DATA/GND,and integrate the temperature and humidity sensor together.
The sensor of greenhouse example have four pins. How can i use my sensor to replace the sensor used in examle? Thank you very much !

Re: How can Greehouse example use DHT11 to read temperature and humidity data? [message #1768134 is a reply to message #1767774] Thu, 13 July 2017 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Sorry for the slow response. The sensor used in the published greenhouse demo uses the I2C bus of the Raspberry Pi. The DHT 11 sensor uses a single digital output. So, you would have to modify the source code of the project to use a single GPIO pin as opposed to the I2C bus. Let me know if you are interested in doing this and I can help get you started.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: How can Greehouse example use DHT11 to read temperature and humidity data? [message #1768159 is a reply to message #1768134] Fri, 14 July 2017 08:44 Go to previous message
LI Yi is currently offline LI YiFriend
I have replaced the source code by the example here,
https://github.com/Manoj-red-hat/org.eclipse.kura.DHT11/blob/master/workspace/kura/org.eclipse.kura.DHT11/src/org/eclipse/kura/DHT11/DHT11Sensor.java

but i have no idear how to config the cloud and MQTT, so i can get the temperature and humidity from WEB UI, or MQTT client?
Any advices are appreciated!!
Previous Topic:Privacy preserving for Fog Computing
Next Topic:LoRa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:53:04 GMT 2024