Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » How to distribute Eclipse Smart Home(Distributing Eclipse Smart Home)
How to distribute Eclipse Smart Home [message #1764584] Wed, 31 May 2017 13:24 Go to next message
AMAR PULLI is currently offline AMAR PULLIFriend
Hello,

I would like to learn, how to distribute eclipse smart home by using eclipse/ smart home repository (https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome). When I started working on eclipse smart home, getting too many errors in eclipse IDE.

Thanks
Amar.
Re: How to distribute Eclipse Smart Home [message #1764665 is a reply to message #1764584] Thu, 01 June 2017 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henning Treu is currently offline Henning TreuFriend
Hi Amar,

thanks for reaching out to the forum, its good to have you on board. Did you already follow the instructions for setting up the IDE? Its a preconfigured Eclipse IDE which is ready for development after you follow the setup guide here.
Once you did all the steps you should be good to go and start creating your first pull request :-)
You may also read the contribution instructions where you can find further information about contributing. And last but not least there is a coding guideline which helps to hit the right direction when it comes to code style, runtime or logging.

Please come back here if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Henning
Re: How to distribute Eclipse Smart Home [message #1764666 is a reply to message #1764665] Thu, 01 June 2017 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I read your question wrong which is apparently about distribution not contribution. The setup guide still holds true for getting the build to run. The questions of distribution needs some more background information I guess. What targetplatform are you developing for? What hardware do you have to support? Which OSGi runtime do you have? And such things. Maybe you can get more concrete about this topics.

Cheers,
Henning
Re: How to distribute Eclipse Smart Home [message #1764668 is a reply to message #1764666] Thu, 01 June 2017 09:32 Go to previous message
I just realised you asked a similar question here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1086258/ did you already read the referenced post?
Previous Topic:Discoverability
Next Topic:OSGI bundle Exception : Unable to resolve binding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:47:54 GMT 2024