Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository).
icon4.gif  Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1760184] Mon, 24 April 2017 12:22 Go to next message
Tristan R is currently offline Tristan RFriend
Hi,

I'm new to Kura and I was trying to build a new Maven project adding the latest Kura API jar as dependency (org.eclipse.kura.api-1.1.1.jar), but doing so, I end up with an error saying that "Could not find artifact org.eclipse.kura:kura:pom:2.1.1-SNAPSHOT in Eclipse.repo (https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/)".

The problem is the parent of the (release) jar is a snapshot and is not present in the release repository. IMO both should be release or snapshot, not a mix like this.

Using v1.1.0, it works with no error, but I guess I may be missing some features/fixes.

Also it means I'm the first to create a Kura project with Maven since one month ago, is it discouraged to use Maven with Kura ?
Re: Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1760190 is a reply to message #1760184] Mon, 24 April 2017 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristiano De Alti is currently offline Cristiano De AltiFriend
Hello,
Compared to 1.1.0, version 1.1.1 has been only annotated with OSGi R6 Semantic Versioning annotations.
For the rest it is identical to 1.1.0 and you will not miss any feature using this version.

But you are right, the parent pom is missing. Version 1.1.1 was deployed separately, to only enable the Kura API baseline verification in CI, but I forgot to update the version and deploy the parent pom.

In the end you can safely use org.eclipse.kura.api v1.1.0.

Regards,
Cristiano
Re: Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1760195 is a reply to message #1760190] Mon, 24 April 2017 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks for your quick answer. Also, my question about the use of Maven for IOT/Kura is not a joke, I'm wondering if it's a common practice to use Maven or if it is clunky and not recommanded because of OSGI, and/or hard to find dependencies ?

For example, here is an extract of my pom.xml trying to re-create dependencies for the "heater" demo project. As you can see, some versions had to be adapted, since they can't be found anywhere, and for "org.eclipse.kura.sun.misc", I just can't find any version anywhere. Should I build Kura jars myself from source ?

<repositories>

<repository>
      <id>Eclipse.repo</id>
      <url>https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/</url>
    </repository>

<repository>
      <id>WSO2.repo</id>
      <url>http://dist.wso2.org/maven2/</url>
    </repository>

</repositories>

<dependencies>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.kura</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.kura.api</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.0</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.7.21</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.osgi</groupId>
      <artifactId>osgi.cmpn</artifactId>
      <version>4.3.1</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.osgi</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.osgi.util</artifactId>
      <version>3.2.100.v20100503</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.osgi.services</artifactId>
      <version>3.3.100.v20120522-1822</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.osgi</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1.v20120830-144521</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.kura</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.kura.sun.misc</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>

</dependencies>
Re: Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1760208 is a reply to message #1760195] Mon, 24 April 2017 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After looking into sources (https://github.com/eclipse/kura/tree/develop/target-platform/org.eclipse.kura.camel.sun.misc), it looks like this jar is just fully empty, just an "about.html" file. I wonder why it is still present in github and dependencies.
Re: Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1760246 is a reply to message #1760184] Tue, 25 April 2017 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like my last post has been deleted or maybe I just clicked only on preview and not on post.

About my question on the necessity of building Kura myself, I think it maybe be necessary anyway to get started with Kura since you are not providing javadoc and sources package in your maven repositories like frameworks usually do.

I'm still waiting advice from any user/dev of Kura if it's wise to stay far from Maven when using Kura/OSGI.
Re: Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1760271 is a reply to message #1760208] Tue, 25 April 2017 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The not submitted missing message :

Still about Maven use with Kura and a quite big issue with Eclipse repository, when I try to download javadoc and sources (mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true -DdownloadJavadocs=true), would be pretty useful to get started with Kura, it says :

Sources for some artifacts are not available.
       List of artifacts without a source archive:
         o org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.api:1.1.0
         o org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi.services:3.3.100.v20120522-1822
         o org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi:3.8.1.v20120830-144521

Javadoc for some artifacts is not available.
       List of artifacts without a javadoc archive:
         o org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.api:1.1.0
         o org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi.services:3.3.100.v20120522-1822
         o org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi:3.8.1.v20120830-144521

And when I browse to https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/org/eclipse/kura/org.eclipse.kura.api/1.1.0/, I can confirm sources and javadoc are missing.

Do I have to build all Kura modules myself to get packaged sources and javadocs or are there available somehwere else ?
Re: Something is wrong in Eclipse repository (same in Eclipse Kura repository). [message #1791386 is a reply to message #1760271] Thu, 28 June 2018 14:29 Go to previous message
Sanket Ahuja is currently offline Sanket AhujaFriend
Missing artifact org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.api:jar:1.1.0.Please help me regarding this.
Previous Topic:Need help on javax.smartcardio
Next Topic:Missing artifact org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.api:jar:1.1.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:00:24 GMT 2024