Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Could not create the view: org.eclipse.team.(NO LABEL FOUND:)
Could not create the view: org.eclipse.team. [message #1758248] Sat, 25 March 2017 20:14 Go to next message
duvan mendoza is currently offline duvan mendozaFriend
guys. May you help me please? I'm new at ubuntu (my version is 15.10). I had some problems to install Java jre, but finally i did using the followings commands:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer oracle-java8-set-defaul
the version i got was :

java version "1.8.0_111"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)
Then I downloaded eclipse neon 3. from the website. The problem is when I want to start a new project this message appears "Could not create the view: org.eclipse.team."

and idk what to do since i use ubuntu since two days ago and i'm not and expert myself. thank you in advance guys.
Re: Could not create the view: org.eclipse.team. [message #1758316 is a reply to message #1758248] Mon, 27 March 2017 16:09 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you Google you will find various similar problems. Try https://xtuml.org/community/topic/could-not-create-the-view-error/

I'm not a Linux user, but I have noted many complaints amongst Eclipse developers that it is hard to make sure Eclipse works on 20 variants of Linux, with Ubuntu being particularly troublesome. The GTK version seems very critical.

If you really want to use Eclipse on Ubuntu, I suggest you check the Platform compatibility notes very carefully to ensure that you have a coherent set of versions. See https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_project_plan_4_6.xml#target_environments

NB Only Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 are tested.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Handle EMF Float attributes with aql
Next Topic:Filters on edition table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:37:39 GMT 2024