Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How to provide bluetooth Gatt services and characteristics
How to provide bluetooth Gatt services and characteristics [message #1757947] Wed, 22 March 2017 09:02 Go to next message
Frank Raiser is currently offline Frank RaiserFriend
I was wondering if Kura is able to be used to provide a bluetooth LE gatt service with custom characteristics.

All the examples seem to connect to existing gadgets providing these services, but I would like to run Kura on a Raspberry Pi such that other devices can find offered BLE services and characteristics.

As far as I can tell, the classes in org.eclipse.kura.linux.bluetooth.le are only intended to be used on the consuming side (client, central, whatever fancy new name the BLE folks invented for it). I do not see a way to start advertising my own BluetoothGattService with my custom BluetoothGattCharacteristic.

Is this something that should be possible already? Is it something that's planned for the future (though I couldn't find any issues for it either)? Or is it out of scope for Kura?

Thanks for any information on the topic.
Re: How to provide bluetooth Gatt services and characteristics [message #1758131 is a reply to message #1757947] Thu, 23 March 2017 18:51 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Kura has not implemented this functionality. I certainly would not say that this is out of scope, it was just our opinion that Kura reading from BLE sensors was the most common use case. It is currently not on our roadmap. If this is something you are thinking of implementing, we are always looking for contributions.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Using Raspberry GPIO
Next Topic:Upgrade to kura user workspace 2.1 - The import org.eclipse.kura cannot be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 03:22:35 GMT 2024