Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to get Team -> Show In History
How to get Team -> Show In History [message #1755978] Thu, 09 March 2017 18:44 Go to next message
al co is currently offline al coFriend
I had this feature on another computer using Eclipse with Github but now I only have these options:
Show Local History
Apply Patch
Share Project

How do I get Team -> Show in History again?
Re: How to get Team -> Show In History [message #1755980 is a reply to message #1755978] Thu, 09 March 2017 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
This happens if you disconnected your project from the git integration in Eclipse. You can fix that by using "Share Project". If multiple team providers are installed (e.g. Git and SVN) then you may need to choose the team provider you want.
Re: How to get Team -> Show In History [message #1755984 is a reply to message #1755980] Thu, 09 March 2017 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that and I did try it that way but after selecting "Git" it took me to a dialog that said "Configure Git Repository" and asked for "Path within repository:" but browse button didn't give me an option and "Finish" button stayed disabled.

I was able to delete the package and re-add it using import as a Existing Maven Project and that gave me the missing menu item above but...

I am missing Team ->Show annotations still.

Is there a setting for that?
Re: How to get Team -> Show In History [message #1755985 is a reply to message #1755980] Thu, 09 March 2017 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that and I did try it that way but after selecting "Git" it took me to a dialog that said "Configure Git Repository" and asked for "Path within repository:" but browse button didn't give me an option and "Finish" button stayed disabled.

I was able to delete the package and re-add it using import as a Existing Maven Project and that gave me the missing menu item above but...

I am missing Team ->Show annotations still.

Is there a setting for that?
Re: How to get Team -> Show In History [message #1756065 is a reply to message #1755985] Fri, 10 March 2017 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found out that Show Revisions is the new Show Annotations? Is that right?

However, when I select the Show Revisions, it does show the color coded revisions by time in the editor but...It does not open the history tab like it used to.

Now I have to select both Show Revisions and Show In History to show both. Before I selected Show Annotations and it would open both.

I hoped that importing my old preferences from my old system that operated correctly would fix this but it doesn't.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 March 2017 14:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get Team -> Show In History [message #1758250 is a reply to message #1756065] Sat, 25 March 2017 22:13 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
"Show Annotations" was replaced by "Show Revision Information" since the term annotations
is ambiguous (could also mean Java annotations).

"Show Annotations" does no longer open the History View since this was a side effect unexpected
by many users.
Previous Topic:Clone single branch does not work
Next Topic:EGit - Error while building EGit source code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:26:16 GMT 2024