Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Are bindings cache somewhere?
Are bindings cache somewhere? [message #1755777] Wed, 08 March 2017 02:05 Go to next message
Tim Roberts is currently offline Tim RobertsFriend
Some users reports this to me when I was testing the sony binding and now I am seeing this with my testing of a new russound binding.

If I drop a new version binding.jar into the addon's directory, the new jar doesn't seem to be used (always seems to use the older version). Even restarting openHAB doesn't fix it - always the same older binding.

I'm pretty sure this is the case - I changed a debug message when the thing goes online. Even though I triple checked that I cleaned/built the new jar and made sure it was dropped in the correct addons directory - that message never showed up in the openHAB logs (even after restarts).

Could the binding be cached somewhere? Seems like if I drop the userdata directory and recreate it fresh - then the 'newer' version of the binding is used.

FYI - I just removed it from the addons directory, restarted openHAB and the things came online without any issues - so there must be a cached version somewhere - how do we bust that cache (is it based on the version in the manifest maybe?)

Thanks,
Tim

[Updated on: Wed, 08 March 2017 03:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Are bindings cache somewhere? [message #1757820 is a reply to message #1755777] Mon, 20 March 2017 10:32 Go to previous message
Simon Kaufmann is currently offline Simon KaufmannFriend
The Eclipse SmartHome is just a framework, the runtime (including the "addons" folder mechanism) is provided by the openHAB framework in your case. Therefore, please post your question again in the openHAB Community forum.
Previous Topic:How to update Channel's min/max
Next Topic:ESH Scheduling UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:25:59 GMT 2024