Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula test from Jenkins fails
Jubula test from Jenkins fails [message #1755227] Wed, 01 March 2017 10:32 Go to next message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Hi all,
Following on from my last forum posting.. I now have a test suite (for my Eclipse Plugin) that runs fine in the ITE against Luna, Mars and Neon AUTs. I'm now trying to get that test suite to run correctly when I launch Jubula from a Jenkins build.

Here's what I have working so far.. (after a lot of Googling!)

- Jenkins
checks the project out from GitHub
builds the plugin using Maven
runs an ant script:
unpacks Eclipse, drops the rcp support plugin in
copies over my newly built plugin
starts the AUT agent if it's not already running
runs autrun with a batch file to start eclipse with parameters
runs testexec to perform the tests

So far everything works up to the testexec. Eclipse gets started, I can see it on my desktop, the test suite runs *but every single test fails*. Even the first test step, which doesn't touch Eclipse (it just stores the date and time as a variable for later) fails. I've attached the relevant console output from Jenkins, and the output report.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Happy to share anything else that would help that I might have missed..

Cheers,
Kev.
Re: Jubula test from Jenkins fails [message #1755295 is a reply to message #1755227] Thu, 02 March 2017 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
The Issues you have are a little bit strange.
But, first of all the external autagent and the autrun are not needed.
If you simple want to execute tests on one Application, you can use the testexec(which has the autagent embedded) and start the test via the aut configuration (which the testexec does by itself if a aut configuration is given.). See the documentation for the test executor for more Information[1].

If you want to test multiple AUTs, autrun is needed. But the id's you are using for the application must be set in the AUT configuration dialog for the Project.

Also if the problem persists even with the simpler method of starting the aut please attach the "client.log" and the "rc_rcp.log" from the "User Home/.jubula/logs" (beware there might be information you do not want to share, you can remove this places from the log)

with regards
Marvin Mueller
[1] http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fcontent%2Fhtml%2FuserManual%2Ftasks%2FuseTestExec%2Fparameters-for-the-test-executor.html
Re: Jubula test from Jenkins fails [message #1755431 is a reply to message #1755295] Fri, 03 March 2017 10:43 Go to previous message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Thanks, Marvin

The step I was missing was specifying the ID for AUT in the project under 'AUT IDs for AUTs started with the autrun option'

The reason I'm using autrun is that I want to be able to test on three different applications; Eclipse Luna, Eclipse Mars, and Eclipse Neon. I want Jenkins to create a brand new environment each time; unpack eclipse from a zip file, copy my plugin (and the Jubula plugin) over, modify config.ini then start it up. This way I can guarantee an untainted environment every time I run the test.

I'm not quite doing that right now, because even when I copy the Jubula plugin over and modify config.ini, Eclipse still needs to be start twice to get the Jubula plugin to work correctly (the documentation states this too, so it's not a surprise). But this is what I want to get to. I'll start up a new thread for this.

As I mentioned before, I'm very new to Jubula and Jenkins so apologies if these are all basic questions Smile

Cheers,
Kev.
Previous Topic:AUT Agent does not get started
Next Topic:How to test a re-appearing panel?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:09:09 GMT 2024